Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - be bold, be bold, but not too bold;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

I CLOSE MY EYES AND I FIND YOU

His eyes are bright in a way they haven’t been in a long time, as if he’s a boy again. It doesn’t feel like he has to worry, about his lack of flying skills or how far he’s drifted from the Dawn Court, or anything else in the world. 

He just smiles shyly at her, and although there’s a sadness in his eyes, there’s also something that could almost be mistaken for hope.

And her laughter is infectious. It spills from him as easily as breathing, and he doesn’t try to stop it or take it back. It’s low and quiet, echoing off the water back to him, but it’s laughter all the same. ”Perhaps,” he says when he stops to catch his breath at last. ”I’m sure that would explain a lot.”

Aion still doesn’t know much about Novus (he’d been much too preoccupied drowning in his own self-loathing to do any research), but even he has heard of the Day Court’s reputation. Yet as he looks at the green-eyed pegasus with a smile that reminds him of sunlight, the first Solterran he’s met since his time here, he wonders if the stories he’s heard was wrong, or if she’s the black sheep of the bunch.

”I’m going back to the city,” she tells him then, and her breath is warm against his shoulder. ”It was good to meet you too, Elif,” he says, and he means it. ”I won’t forget.”

He hopes he sees her again, someday - the thought is strange in his mind, but not unwelcome. He thinks Eros might like her, if they were ever to meet, and the thought warms his heart. Aion watches as she runs off into the desert, the sands parting beneath her hooves like waves. And then she is flying, and her wings are far more steady than his, her path through the skies far more sure. It’s like watching an eagle fly, for what eagle isn’t as bold and sure of themselves as her?

He watches until she disappears on the horizon, and then he turns back to the water, and only his reflection keeps him company.

@elif
thank you for such a lovely thread <3
walk. "talk."
aimless / sid

Messages In This Thread
be bold, be bold, but not too bold; - by Elif - 10-12-2018, 10:25 AM
RE: be bold, be bold, but not too bold; - by Aion - 10-12-2018, 01:16 PM
RE: be bold, be bold, but not too bold; - by Elif - 10-13-2018, 08:53 AM
RE: be bold, be bold, but not too bold; - by Aion - 01-22-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: be bold, be bold, but not too bold; - by Elif - 02-21-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: be bold, be bold, but not too bold; - by Aion - 03-27-2019, 08:40 PM
RE: be bold, be bold, but not too bold; - by Elif - 04-02-2019, 11:47 AM