Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - flower through disarray

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

His breath caught in his throat and he waited, never tearing his eyes away from hers.

You are my light, he wanted to say, but in that moment, he was mute. His tongue was held ransom at her mercy, and only she could offer him deliverance. ’You are my beacon of hope and of promise. You are my future, Eulalie.’ Somnus wished that he could write her a novel, to build her palaces with the words he could pen down. There was so much he wanted to explain, so many things he wanted her to know… But all it took was one look into her earth dark eyes, the tears swimming within a gaze of rich, velvety brown, and he knew that Eulalie already knew these things and more.

Eventually, her words came. Her blessings. The mounting tension and uncertainty released in his breast as though salvation had found him, and praise be, how glorious it was. He was her home. He gave her so many things that he believed she only gave him. What a fool he had been.

Dark lips turned upwards in a watery smile, his eyes swimming with their own tears. One fell, staining the gold of his face with a single dark rivulet, but these tears were welcome. Happiness swelled within him, replacing everything that the day had taken. Nothing else existed save for this moment.

“Eulalie,” Somnus breathed out, the single word of her name a balm, a prayer, “My beautiful, blessed Eulalie.”

Yes. Yes. She would marry him. She would bestow upon him the happiest moment, save for the birth of their children. Through her, Somnus knew that he would become the happiest man in the world. No one else could ever come close to knowing the elation that ignited within his chest, the speeding beat of his pounding heart.

Swallowing hard, he made his own vows in the intimacy of their own private company, unable to tear his eyes away from the freckled face of his beloved. “In you, I will forever know light and love. In you, my darling, I see a future so bright and full of promise. In you, I see the eyes of our children, both born and unborn. In you, I see us, and that is perhaps the most beautiful thing of all.”

Us.

No longer would it just be ‘me’. It would forever be an ‘us’. What more could he want than that? Absolutely nothing.

The strength of the emotion swelling within him threatened to choke his voice, but he cleared his throat and went on. Funny, that while typically so sure of tongued, being in Eulalie’s magnificence could render him useless. “You have made me the happiest man in all of the worlds, darling. This gift… Every gift you have ever given to me, I fear I will never be truly worthy of them. But I promise that I will try, every day, to return to you the joy, the love, and the life that you have given to me.”

With that same watering smile, Somnus retook the step, closing the distance between them. He reached out and pressed another kiss to Eulalie’s face, just upon the freckles of her left cheek. “... It seems we have a wedding to plan, now.” And he wondered, with a heart full of happiness and love, what their children might think.

His smile grew.

"Speaking."
credits

@Eulalie <3

Somnus’ closing post.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 01-12-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 03:45 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 02-09-2019, 12:09 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 02-17-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 03-09-2019, 10:46 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 03-11-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 03-11-2019, 08:44 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 03-11-2019, 09:27 PM