Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and never, and never turn to night

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Everyone [PM] Posts: 45 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Official Novus Account

An arrow whizzes into the ground several feet away from Caine. It does not seem as though it was meant to hit him, and, if he looks around for the archer who shot it, he won’t even find a trace, as though this unknown assailant was some sort of ghost. The fletching is immediately obvious; the feathers of a hawk, tipped with bright, bloody red. (Paint, or something more sinister?) A closer examination of the arrow will reveal a piece of paper tied firmly to its shaft. However, it seems to be blank…

The surface of the paper glistens with something…sticky. From some sort of plant? Perhaps if he were to wave the letter above a flame, Caine would find a message…meticulously neat and practiced in design, but brief.

RAVEN,

I’ve observed your actions since our new Sovereign took power, and I find that I’m rather impressed by you. I believe that we share a common interest. If you are interested in learning more, meet me at the southern tip of the Vitae Oasis at midnight tonight; you’ll know where to look when you arrive. I’ll be waiting.

Burn this message.

-A Friend

Should Caine decide to meet this mysterious “friend” at the Oasis, when he reaches the southern tip, he will find it apparently empty. If he examines the location a bit more closely, however, he will notice that there is an unmistakable brokenness to the palm leaves lining the shore, and this deliberate brokenness carves a path towards the waterfall several meters away. As if to encourage him, one of the palm leaves has a feather caught in its broken stem, and, although the casual observer might imagine it fell there naturally, it is tipped with the same violent red as the feathers from the arrow.

As he approaches the waterfall, perhaps he notices a faint, clicking sound, barely audible over the rush of water – as though someone is stepping out of the shadows cast by the rocky crags…

@Caine

Messages In This Thread
and never, and never turn to night - by NPC Account - 02-19-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: and never, and never turn to night - by Caine - 02-23-2019, 05:52 AM
RE: and never, and never turn to night - by Caine - 02-24-2019, 05:58 AM
RE: and never, and never turn to night - by Caine - 02-27-2019, 03:39 AM
RE: and never, and never turn to night - by Caine - 03-04-2019, 02:03 AM
RE: and never, and never turn to night - by Caine - 03-25-2019, 12:02 AM
RE: and never, and never turn to night - by Caine - 04-13-2019, 04:18 PM
RE: and never, and never turn to night - by Caine - 06-01-2019, 05:27 PM