Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- GLORY [meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

This time, when she heard the call, Seraphina was the first to arrive - a sharp contrast to her prior lateness, though inconvenient in that she hadn't the chance to read the room before entering the fray. Had these past few days given her ample time to cool her head? That would make the assumption that she had been genuinely angry or insulted in the first place. Despite the -intentionally - incendiary tone of some of her remarks, Seraphina was grateful to see the court acting as a unit again. The last Sovereign had been a tyrant, (She gritted her teeth simply thinking of him and the wartorn populace he left in his wake.) but, at the moment, they were so displaced and scattered as to be perfectly defenseless in the face of any potential threat. It was dangerous for them to remain in such a state, and while her sense of national pride - or psychological conditioning, to put it a bit more bluntly - refused to allow her to process the court's current state as "decaying," citing it as disloyalty, Seraphina would be quick to admit that they were in a precarious position, and she longed for normalcy, even if it burned her.

Whether or not it did, she supposed, depended on what sort of Sovereign took power - she supposed that it didn't matter. The title had her loyalty regardless.

She fixed her mismatched stare on Maxence as she picked her way up the half-ruined stairways to meet him on the battlements. She was still unsure of what she thought of the man - he looked a capable warrior, and his bluntness could rival her own. (That being said, he also had fire.) She cleared her throat on approach, offering a polite dip of her head and a soft, "...Maxence." in greeting. If she did not know what she thought of him, she knew even less how he regarded her - she suppose it didn't matter. His greeting for this second meeting felt a good deal more refined in the last, supposing that he was regarding the court as a collective and seeming to welcome their input. Seraphina was not entirely sure how to approach the stallion; she knew virtually nothing of him, past his general temperment, and she considered herself to be rather poor at socialization besides. Nonetheless, it seemed that the two of them would be working together in the future, for better or worse, and Seraphina supposed that it might not be a bad idea to take advantage of her quickness to offer him a few words before the others arrived. She considered him for a fraction of a second, odd eyes darting over his frame with pinpointed, professional accuracy, then added an equally soft, though cool, "Regardless of what I might have implied in our last meeting, I am grateful for your intervention. It has been far too long since I've seen the court do anything." She seemed mechanical, though there might have been a hint of resolve in her icy tone."The last man to rally us together was a tyrant - and I witnessed firsthand the fickle wars he threw us into. I still know nothing of you, - or your motivations for summoning us - but I would like to hope that you are...different, regardless of whether or not you seek power." She paused, a hint of thoughtfulness working its way into her tone. "It seems we will be working together, and I would prefer our relationship be amicable. I simply wish to offer an...explanation." She was disinclined to apologize - she still stood by her every word. She offered another stiff nod, then glanced out towards the horizon, awaiting the rest of the court.

Ft. The most awkward not-apology possible. Also this was written on my phone at 2 am in half an hour because I was worried I wouldn't get it up before I leave tomorrow otherwise, so forgive me for the inevitable ridiculous typos

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
GLORY [meeting] - by Maxence - 07-06-2017, 12:05 AM
RE: GLORY [meeting] - by Seraphina - 07-06-2017, 01:12 AM
RE: GLORY [meeting] - by Leviathan - 07-06-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: GLORY [meeting] - by Bexley - 07-06-2017, 11:06 PM
RE: GLORY [meeting] - by Eden - 07-07-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: GLORY [meeting] - by Inkheart - 07-07-2017, 07:51 PM
RE: GLORY [meeting] - by Avdotya - 07-08-2017, 12:41 AM
RE: GLORY [meeting] - by Torstein - 07-10-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: GLORY [meeting] - by Maxence - 08-15-2017, 07:29 AM
RE: GLORY [meeting] - by inkbone - 08-22-2017, 12:25 AM