Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - but be nobody's darling

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

A petal chases Seraphina into the new world. It has never been here before. It shivers in the frigid wind and dances in swirling loops as it rides upon the tide of air. Flitting like a bird it surveys all before it signals to its brethren. They come, as they always do, petals raining from golden hair into the wind and upon the ground. They float like silk, like ribbon upon an invisible string that reaches through the glowing window.

Suddenly wary, as if she might not come through, the leaves swirl back towards the rift window, but already Florentine is there. The Novus air sweeps in to meet her, twining itself through the snarls of her long hair. Elegant, balletic she steps through, a woman used to time travel. Terrastella’s soil is cold beneath her foot, but oh how it smells of home!

Florentine has left Novus still rounded with residual baby fat, but Time and worry had gnawed at her curves until she is just as slim and elven as she had always been. There is an emptiness within Florentine that nothing had been able to fill. Her womb still felt it’s loss, it whispered to her heart and her heart whispered back that it knew. It understood there was a vacancy, a whole where children should be and yet… were not. Her babies were lost, somewhere in Novus. Florentine had lost them.

Even though her emptiness is a yawning chasm that hollows her, still she smiles as she steps through. The Dusk court sings to the returning fae-girl, it limbs her in winter light. Seraphina is tight beside her, the cold gnawing into her thin skin and down, down into her bones. Not even the birdsong voice of Terrastella’s welcome would warm the cold from her desert core.

Her magic hisses, the cut between worlds bleeds light. Its ripped edges are an open wound, the other world blinks and peers in and Florentine’s magic begins to heal the rift it has made. No worlds should look upon each other for long. Slowly the cut heals until all the remains of the girls’ time travel is little more than a hiss of static that tastes of metal and dances like electric flees along their spines. 

“It feels like home.” Flora says as her eyes close. She listens to the whispers of Novus before the flutter of Ereshkigal's wings in the cold draws her attention back. “Let’s go and get you some warm drinks and furs for your travels back to Solterra. My home is nearby.” Florentine steps forward, offering her friend and the bird upon her back a light smile. Idly she wonders if Ereshkigal ever gave anyone anything more than a wild, wicked glare. Or whether the bird just had an aversion to her in particular. She probably didn’t really want to know the answer. But before she can think much more on the matter, the bird leaps from her friend’s slim back. Its wings unfurl as it sweeps up to pursue a dove. The bird flies faster and faster until its prey is lost into the vulture’s impaling grip with a flurry of feathers and a final, startled cry. Silence hangs after the bird’s demise. Only the grasses dare whisper of the surprising spectacle. For a moment Florentine stares at the place where the bird was only seconds before, until she adds lightly, “Well, that was unfortunate.”

“Come, Florentine beckons to her friend as she leads on through the gossiping grasses. Her gilt lashes press down again upon the curve of her cheek as she inhales the fields and the salt of the sea beyond. Even with her eyes closed the fae-girl knows her homeland, with its swamps, its fields and its cliffs.  A moment passes before the flower-girl’s eyes suddenly pop open, “Gods, Sera, It has been over a year… what if someone has moved in to my home? That is going to make for one awkward conversation when we get there…” Florentine’s eyebrows raise as she walks, the stems of grasses brushing again the bend of her fine knees. “Or... if no one has moved in, then who knows what state the place is going to be in… There could be all sorts of creatures that have moved in. I think there will be evictions.You don’t mind cobwebs and spiders do you? I usually get Lysander to deal with the spiders, but I left him snoring in the other world. He is cute when he snores.”

@Seraphina - eeeee. <3 
florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
but be nobody's darling - by Seraphina - 08-13-2020, 06:47 PM
RE: but be nobody's darling - by Florentine - 08-14-2020, 09:44 AM
RE: but be nobody's darling - by Seraphina - 08-16-2020, 10:37 AM
RE: but be nobody's darling - by Florentine - 08-20-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: but be nobody's darling - by Seraphina - 08-23-2020, 08:06 PM
RE: but be nobody's darling - by Florentine - 10-27-2020, 07:34 AM