Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Midnight Ventures

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

There was no missing the change in the sovereign's expression. Kasil straightened his posture, standing at attention, ever regal, always alert. Ears back, brows furrowed, the deep dark pools of his eyes glinting in the moonlight and their gaze met. Somnus did not cower beneath the younger stallion's troubled scrutiny, did not balk, nor did he avert his eyes. Inquisitive emerald remain steady, staring, watching, waiting for the Dawn King's next chosen movement, for his next chosen word. The golden tactician was never one to back down, never one to bow out, and this would prove to be no difference, in the presence of Kings or not.

Kasil's following words held a somber tone, and a pang of regret arose in Somnus' golden breast. He had not meant to bestow uncertainty upon his sovereign's shoulders, a mantle that was already so dreadfully heavy. He did not mean to trouble him, to press for inquiries, to add to his surely tumultuous stresses that he handled with poise and dignity upon every passing day. Still... It was in Somnus' nature to question, to implore. To offer advice, to do what he could. After all, his prowess was his silver tongue. He was no warrior. Not in body, at least.

His words held a wisdom that belittled his years. Indeed. It would be foolish for Kasil to wear himself on his sleeve, to allow friends and foes alike to truly get to know him, to see what he was all about, to know his strengths, his weaknesses, and ultimately judge him for it.

Somnus shifted where he stood, only then letting his eyes wander from the Dawn King's dark body. His eyes roamed, taking in the roses, the mortar, the courtyard of the Dawn Court. The night air was crisp, not another soul was about, and when Somnus finally spoke, the accented lilt of his voice was low, but honest. "Indeed. Perhaps one day, I shall... But be cautioned, my young King; every grand actor must seek reprieve. I would loathe your mask to falter amidst the most unsavory of critics."

The smallest hint of a smile upturned the tactician's dark lips, and his eyes, alight and free of the previous somberness, glittered amidst the moonlight as the clouds overhead passed on, allowing the moon's glow to radiate amidst the courtyard unhindered. "To speak frankly, Kasil; I worry for your burdens, and I offer my services forever at your disposal to ease the strain. Strangers we may be, but we are both united in our cause of assisting the workings and welfare of our Court. By association to the Dawn Court's well-being, I worry over yours as well. For you are, in my eyes, one in the same."

For without their sovereign, their Court had little else.

@Kasil - So sorry for the wait, hun!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Midnight Ventures - by Somnus - 08-09-2017, 10:20 PM
RE: Midnight Ventures - by Kasil - 08-16-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: Midnight Ventures - by Somnus - 08-17-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: Midnight Ventures - by Kasil - 08-23-2017, 03:39 PM
RE: Midnight Ventures - by Somnus - 08-24-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: Midnight Ventures - by Kasil - 08-31-2017, 01:27 PM
RE: Midnight Ventures - by Somnus - 09-24-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: Midnight Ventures - by Kasil - 10-18-2017, 11:09 AM