Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - There's No Looking Up For Heaven

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?"

Just as he recognizes Ulric, does Ulric recognize him. It had been many, many months since they had last seen one another, in a land far away from and quite different than Novus. The Kingdom of Vhallen was nothing more than a fond memory for Somnus now, a modernized land with tall buildings made of ivory mortar and granite, a King whom he respected, served, loved, and a title and job of royal chamberlain to his name, but that was all in the past and would do him no favors to recall now, other than flare a deeply rooted agony within his breast. Instead, he focused on the present, on the 'there and now' and the blissful reunion that was right in front of him.

The tactician's verdant eyes crinkled about the edges with his smile, formal, reserved, and polite, and as Ulric dared to take a step closer and lessen the distance between them, Somnus found himself doing the same, rich amber feathers ruffling in anticipation, the tendons of his neck unconsciously stretching outwards to extend his muzzle for a greeting. The roan warrior spoke, his somewhat lazy drawl striking a chord within the mixed stallion. Gods, even his voice was very much the same, along with his manner of speaking. Indifferent, but heartfelt. Only Ulric could master such unscrupulous ways of communication and still get his point across.

"Settling," he murmured softly, finding no reason to hide his struggles of calling the Dawn Court his home, "I could ask the same of you, my friend. I have made my way here, to the Dawn Court, and it is to them who I now serve." Not Vhallen. Not his King. The ache within his chest pulsed in time with his bleeding heart. Not now. Later. Much later.

From there, Somnus' piercing gaze swept across the grasses and trees to the robust chestnut and his black compatriot. He introduced himself with a practiced eloquence that the golden tactician could immediately respect and relate to, and the winged stallion listened with forward ears and earnest eyes. Rostislav is what he introduced himself as, of the Night Court, and only a flutter of trepidation roused his pulse. He had yet to encounter anyone from the Night Court yet. The black canine perched before him, seated upon her haunches, was dubbed as Damaris, and Somnus filtered that information away into the recesses of his mind, where the information would linger, never to be forgotten.

Then, Rostislav inquiries as to their privacy, to the intimacy of reunions, and Somnus is quick to offer a beguiled chuckle and shake of his head, pale locks of ivory sweeping in the air with the motion. "Ah, no. That shan't be necessary, Rostislav, but thank you for your consideration. Ulric and I go back a few years, hm?" The Sage's eyes wandered once more to the blue roan, admiring him fondly, so, so grateful for his arrival, and the dulcet lilt of his voice continues among them. "But I must admit, I do not wish to squander the opportunity to meet one of the Night Court. A pleasure, Rostislav, and Damaris." Then, because he was a formal creature, poised, regal, and prepared, Somnus dipped his horned head in a bow of acknowledgement and respect.

"I hope that your travels have been well, both of you. Rostislav, may I ask what brings you to the Dawn Court?"

@Ulric @Rostislav

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Ulric - 08-14-2017, 09:45 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Rostislav - 08-15-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Somnus - 08-15-2017, 09:24 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Ulric - 08-17-2017, 08:10 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Rostislav - 08-18-2017, 08:55 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Somnus - 08-19-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Ulric - 08-20-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Rostislav - 08-20-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Somnus - 08-24-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Ulric - 08-24-2017, 09:06 PM