Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - This Way, or That Way?

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?"

"I must say, this is not at all what I was expecting when I suggested an outing this morning."

It was, perhaps, the understatement of the century. Somnus had always prided himself on the ease in which his mind processed varying information. He was borderline genius, a brilliant tactician, and inanely perceptive. As one who always had to be in control, of himself or the situation, as well as one who loathed ambiguity in any form, the arrival to a place like this was positively maddening. It clawed at his mind, driving a stake of anxiety and self-doubts into his breast, but he couldn't ignore the dredges of curiosity pulling at him like temptation personified.

A maze. It was a maze. Of all of the nefarious, vile locations that he and Ulric could have stumbled upon, being met with gregarious shrubbery in twisting and turning pathways was not it. It was oddly alluring, in a thoughtful kind of way, and they had yet to actually take the beginning steps into the maze, for Somnus was quite content to simply stand outside of the threshold into mystery and simply analyze it for some time before making a final decision.

He had invited his old friend along for a stroll, simply to recollect the events in their lives since their separation from one another and slowly learn of the world that they now lived in. The Dawn Court was one thing, but the land around them was vast and grand, and Somnus was always one for learning more about his environment, his appetite for knowledge and seeking out the unknown voracious and insatiable. This day was no different. The sun was high in the sky, the heat blazing down upon their backs with little remorse, but there were plenty of shade-spots to find and seek solace in along their venture.

Verdant eyes narrowed from his erect station beside Ulric, gaze judgmental and cautionary, and finally the golden tactician looked away from the beckoning entrance to brush his muzzle against the blue roan's broad shoulder. Then, he spoke, the elegant lilt to his voice doing nothing to hide the vague uncertainty, and curiosity that he felt. "... Are you feeling up to an adventure, Ulric?"

@Ulric @Florentine - :D Time for a little exploration!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 08-19-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Ulric - 08-20-2017, 05:26 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Florentine - 08-21-2017, 01:50 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 08-24-2017, 08:59 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Ulric - 08-25-2017, 03:56 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Florentine - 08-26-2017, 12:49 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 08-27-2017, 06:47 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Ulric - 08-28-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Florentine - 08-29-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 09-04-2017, 05:03 PM