Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Somewhere, beyond the sea...

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

[quote pid='4983' dateline='1506341653']

florentine

The Dusk girl blinks slowly. Her attention is rapt, her lashes heavy beneath the words of sin: greed and selfishness.

Florentine, for all that she has been viewed as innocent and beautiful, has sinned as much as any. Though, like all, her sins are varied and unqiue only to her. She knows nothing of what it is to crave power and be so selfishly consumed. And yet, she has known the fiery bite of jealousy and the wild heartbeat of lust.

“Did you crave the power – or others?” The lavender girl asks slowly, thoughtfully. She peers up from beneath her fringe, painting Morpho’s gold with vibrant amethyst. “If your reasons were good though, Morpho, then how could anyone truly fault you… There are many that would run than try to take on the world, I am sure.”

Her eyes drift out to the sea that glitters beneath the sun as though it were made of only gems. Only when Florentine’s laughter has died, when she hangs upon the last of Morpho’s fading words, does the flower girl’s gaze return to her compatriot. “My wings are clipped, but it is not through the fault of any one person.”

The call of night has her gazing back out to sea, her mind flees ahead of her pondering just what the Night king might be doing whilst she stands here, thinking of him.  “I nearly joined Denocte once, not long after Rannveig had asked me to be Emissary.” The twilight girl is silent, her eyes lifting up to listen for the call of stars beyond the blue, blue sky. “I was so in love with Denocte. I think I still am.” Her eyes fall like stars she captured and cast down to earth. “But I learnt that I loved Dusk more. I am not sure that Denocte can ever be more than just a fanciful dream for me.”

You seem troubled… what holds you from love?

Flora’s smile is at once old and knowing, and so young and untried. It is rueful and beautiful with its wary sadness. “What doesn’t?” It is a short look she shares with Morpho before her lashes lower, snagging within the snarls of her honey hair. Petals, purple and royal, topple to the earth. “Our love has hurt others and we agreed we cannot be together because he is not from Dusk… I have been told he could never love me.” A breath, a sigh, a flutter of a heart upon her breastbone fills the void between them before Flora continues, “I am in love with a boy I barely know.”

@Morpho – eek having to backtrack here as so much has gone on since our thread started!

[/quote]

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
Somewhere, beyond the sea... - by Morpho - 08-20-2017, 05:07 AM
RE: Somewhere, beyond the sea... - by Florentine - 08-24-2017, 03:56 PM
RE: Somewhere, beyond the sea... - by Morpho - 08-27-2017, 01:03 PM
RE: Somewhere, beyond the sea... - by Florentine - 08-29-2017, 10:23 AM
RE: Somewhere, beyond the sea... - by Morpho - 09-19-2017, 12:22 PM
RE: Somewhere, beyond the sea... - by Florentine - 09-25-2017, 07:14 AM
RE: Somewhere, beyond the sea... - by Morpho - 09-29-2017, 04:12 AM
RE: Somewhere, beyond the sea... - by Florentine - 10-20-2017, 01:54 PM