Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - one day I'll know how far I'll go

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

Israfel

It was quite obvious that her arrival took the golden youth by surprise. He jerked at her words, a boyish head snapping upwards off of the stone balustrade and back at her with such speed that Israfel was surprised she didn't hear a crack in his neck. She smiled coyly with upturned pale-pink lips, vermilion eyes sliding sideways to regard him beneath pale lashes, and his gobsmacked expression caused her to chuckle with warm amusement.

He was a handsome fellow, all sleek, rich gold and a bountiful amount of raven locks that tumbled over an undoubtedly young, but masculine face. There was a captivating nobility about him, or some sort of stature with how he held himself, even if his mouth was partly agape as though he could hardly believe what was before his very eyes. And, oh, what captivating eyes did he have. A deep, rich, vibrant blue that reminded Israfel of the clear skies that she loved to soar through. It would be oddly easy to get just as lost in his eyes as it would to get lost upon the winds.

The silence stretched, and Israfel stood upon the stone terrace undaunted in its discomfort, dainty ears perked forward as though waiting for the buckskin princeling to rally himself. Rally himself he did, with a mighty shake and a jovial smile, and his words caught her interest. Those glittering blue eyes, so rich and deep, and Israfel was powerless but to stop the growing smile from her lips. The princeling's voice held an accented lilt that she simply couldn't place, for it was unlike any she had heard during her brief time in Novus or her life within Helovia, but his voice was kindred and pleasant to her ears all the same.

"Then I suppose I'll stay," she began, her voice melodic and friendly, letting her fiery gaze wander once more unto the horizon and hoping that her words would not give away her inner anxieties and fears, her doubts and uncertainties, wanting desperately to appear strong, capable, and steadfast, "If you are sure you want my company. You looked so lost in thought, I was scared you might not have wanted to be bothered."

The buckskin youth shifted in his spot, kindly making room for her at his side upon the balustrade, and Israfel moved to draw closer to him, offering him a smile at his thoughtfulness by way of thanks. She was oddly self-conscience of the space that she occupied, the broad form of folded gilded wings taking up more space than she would like in such a moment, silken feathers brushing against the princeling's golden sides whenever she would shift a step. Hopefully he wouldn't mind.

Once more her gaze drifted, tearing away from the rolling green fields and the crashing ocean in the distance, to regard the young man in her company. He introduced himself, Finnian, a newcomer to the Dusk Court, and the Sun Daughter took a moment to mull it over, tasting his name on her tongue, before nodding, vermilion eyes dancing in the radiant rays of the evening sun.

"Finnian. A pleasure to meet you. I'm Israfel, but... You may call me Isra, if you'd like." She smiled, unabashed and pretty, letting herself soak up the warm evening sun and breathe in the fresh air, relishing the taste of the wind. How satisfying it was, to be standing here next to Finnian, a stranger, simply because it meant she was breathing. "I'm also new to the area. Just arrived, actually. I'm glad to meet a friendly face so early on in my arrival. It'll be easier to settle, knowing that I'm not the only one."

Then, because curiosity was a powerful thing, Israfel went on. "... May I ask where you are from? What brought you to this land, and... To this particular terrace?" She smiled and laughed, a breathy sound, and rather brazenly, in a move that might make her nervous after their evening was said and done, reached out and brushed Finnian's golden shoulder with her muzzle. A brief, simple contact, but a contact nonetheless.

Well done, Isra. Don't scare him off, now.

x - x

@Finnian <3 - Sorry for the wait, love!

Messages In This Thread
one day I'll know how far I'll go - by Finnian - 08-27-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: one day I'll know how far I'll go - by Finnian - 09-05-2017, 12:46 PM
RE: one day I'll know how far I'll go - by Israfel - 09-19-2017, 09:15 PM