Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - you cured my january blues ,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

E I K
- - - - -

He regrets his words as he sees the expression on her face, the fire that springs to life. So few know his name here, so few care enough to ask, he's lost the importance of it. Eik. He hears it in the beautiful tongue of his people. It is an ancient name, rooted deep in the core of the earth. But it bares no strength in this place. He is weak here, the knowledge of it settling like a heavy blanket around him.
(Or was I always weak, and this is who I really am)

She speaks of ghosts following her and his ears flick back for a moment (I was not following you) but he thinks past her words to the meaning behind them. Little bird at the center of her own universe, how pretty tragedy must seem to her. His scars itch and the sun beats down upon the two strange strangers.

"I'm sorry." He says again. It is annoying that these words have slipped out twice already in conversation, that he cannot help himself from saying them. He feels a bit like a platypus before a swan, trying to flap wings that aren't there. She takes a step closer-- he feels twisted and small. He resents her for it. "I hear we make poor company." There is a small, wry smile. A joke of sorts. Poor girl. "Shall I leave you alone."

He looks at her with his dark, thoughtful gaze. As the words leave his mouth he knows he does not want to, but this world is hers. These lands are made by and for the beautiful.

"My name is Eik."

-  -  -
@rhoswen <3

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
you cured my january blues , - by Rhoswen - 08-28-2017, 03:49 PM
RE: you cured my january blues , - by Eik - 09-06-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: you cured my january blues , - by Rhoswen - 09-09-2017, 03:29 PM
RE: you cured my january blues , - by Eik - 09-11-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: you cured my january blues , - by Rhoswen - 09-14-2017, 01:48 PM
RE: you cured my january blues , - by Eik - 09-15-2017, 12:06 PM