Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - once upon a december —

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

florentine

He brings his starlight night to burn her with star-fire.

He is the sun, pulling her in as he steps closer, closer. For a moment the world begins to turn so slowly - or was it just the way he made her heart run fast? It is racing faster than a second’s passing, faster than the path of the sun through the sky... The dusk girl sees the gleam of starlight beneath his thick, thick lashes, she feels the brush of his hair upon her skin as though they were the very threads of night.

Reichenbach lulls her into this, into them. How could dusk resist the call of the stars? How could Florentine turn from his thrall? She has never heard her name as he speaks it. Never heard it sound like a song, a plea. It is a step, so small, so curious, that has her moving closer, closer into his darkness. What would she give to hear her name spoken like that again?

He coats her in stardust as he steps closer and in her ears she surely can hear the cries of night, the crackle of flames, and songs of revelry. He is temptation and she cannot, cannot resist.

The only terrible part is that he will never be able to love you.

Those spectral words creep in, adorned with Bexley’s ire and it is enough to dim the starlight, to cut this girl’s heart anew. Flora breathes, and it is not the breath she took befor: so keen, so buoyed by the Night King.

No, this is an aching breath, tremulous and agonsing. If Florentine thought she knew the sound of stars, it is nothing to their cry, their pull, as she steps back. Her step is leaden, feet dragging through grasses with reluctant effort, but she leaves him to reach for only air though her skin aches with wanting.

“I am not sure my queen is coming.” Was it just a whisper? A whisper voice that was as hesitant and fragile as a butterfly’s wings.

She pushes her gaze past him, worried by the effort it takes, and peers up towards the shadowing keep of her home. There was no sign of her queen. How long should she leave it? How long could she bear to be with him, with Bexley’s words haunting her, with her body lit by starlight and such need for him?

“I know she would not object to such a festival, you can take my word that the Dusk Court will join with you in celebration.” She listens to the chink of his gypsy coins as her eyes lift up, up only to fall into the endless oblivion of his.

Oh what it is to fight the pull to step a little closer to this starlight boy… to fight to make her voice louder than just this whisper of broken desire, “Let me know when you are thinking of these celebrations taking place.”

It is a breath, deep and floundering that has her turning from him, for to linger here would be too much. Betraying eyes return to him, for a scant moment, but to the dusk girl it feels like eternity. "I will see you soon, Your Majesty." And it is with a smile that she curtsies upon dirtied limbs and is gone, racing back to the shelter of her room.

@Reichenbach - soo had a natter with Avis, and she is struggling post-wise rn but is happy for us to go ahead with the festival, hence the Flora reply. Any worries/thoughts catch me on Discord <3

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
once upon a december — - by Reichenbach - 08-29-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: once upon a december — - by Florentine - 08-30-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: once upon a december — - by Reichenbach - 08-31-2017, 01:54 AM
RE: once upon a december — - by Florentine - 09-02-2017, 03:28 AM
RE: once upon a december — - by Reichenbach - 09-03-2017, 11:39 PM
RE: once upon a december — - by Florentine - 09-11-2017, 07:12 AM