Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - how I wish I could remold you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

YOU WANNA TAKE A DRINK OF THAT PROMISED LAND
gotta wipe the dirt off of your hands

--

She hadn’t paid much attention to the flowers strewn in Florentine’s hair before, but, as the breeze pushed them aside in a sudden whirl of sweet-scented color, she couldn’t help but wonder about them; did they grow in the girl’s mane (a rather amusing thought, though not particularly strange in Novus – and somehow utterly fitting for Florentine), or did she go through the pain-staking process of stringing them in every day? Seraphina was drawn out of her thoughts by her question, however, and shook her head. “Nothing of the sort,” She said. “In fact, quite the opposite – we’d like to host something of a celebration for our alliance, in hopes of cementing a relationship between our nations. I imagine it would be beneficial to allow our citizens the opportunity to get to know each other.” This was said almost gingerly. Solterra was not a nation prone to celebration, after all.

Her next question, particularly combined with the ghost of a smile on the girl’s lips (though she was reasonably sure that it was directed at something else entirely), gave Seraphina momentary pause. She could simply tell her that their relationship with Denocte was fine, but she knew that, if Day really intended to align with Dusk, they needed reason to trust them. With that in mind, she began reluctantly. “…I am not sure how much you know of Novus’s history, but the relationship between our courts has always been tense. Whether that is due to our religion or to something else entirely I am unsure, but we have been at war with Denocte on-and-off for many years; in fact, it was only with the death of the previous sovereign, Zolin, that our most recent conflict came to an end.” The girl’s eyes darkened for a moment, as though she tasted something bitter – thoughts of Zolin and the war with Denocte brought back ugly memories, ones that she would rather not recall. “In any case, I can say that we do not desire to incite Denocte, nor would we be in any position to do so even if we did – and those among us that might disagree with me are blissfully unaware of what that would mean. We are a nation of warriors, after all, and I suspect that some of the more hot-headed among us believe that war would bring them glory; I’d be apt to imagine that the sentiment is the same in some of Caligo’s children, as well. Old wounds run deep for both of us…there have been many lost in the fighting.” There was something dark in her tone, even cold, and for a moment she might have seemed much older than she was. “In any case, I think that you have nothing to be concerned about.” At least for now. If she looked out on the horizon, she could see an ominous twist of dark clouds lingering at the edge, metaphorically speaking – but Seraphina was a creature of logic, and she was reasonably confident that, in the end, reason would win the day. Regardless of matters with Rostislav, she knew that Reichenbach was no fool. He wouldn’t plunge his people into violence so easily.

She could only hope that Maxence was the same; she knew that he was well-acquainted with the memories of war, and he had to know that they were in no position to be picking fights, with their own nation barely stable.Though she still seemed to be looking at Florentine, her eyes found the stretch of star-filled sky that spanned out behind her, gaze momentarily indistinct and distant before she found the lavender-and-honey form of the other girl again. She considered a quiet admittance, wondering if it would make her sound more genuine - she wondered if she sounded as plasticine and empty as she felt like she did to begin with. I fought in the war, and I never want to do it again, I can’t get the images out of my head, most whatever I can do to keep it at bay I will-

She remained silent, waiting patiently for whatever the other Emissary might say next.

@

@Florentine - someday, I'll respond to things at a reasonable pace
s o m e d ay
(anyways, have a book on Day-Night drama, whoops)

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
how I wish I could remold you - by Seraphina - 09-11-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: how I wish I could remold you - by Florentine - 09-17-2017, 10:18 AM
RE: how I wish I could remold you - by Seraphina - 10-18-2017, 01:10 AM
RE: how I wish I could remold you - by Florentine - 10-23-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: how I wish I could remold you - by Seraphina - 11-10-2017, 11:13 AM