Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - si vis pacem para bellum

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Only

Their answers are fair - just like their treatment of him - and Stephan flounders on what to do next with Only holding him on a leash so tight his neck cracks when he pulls on it.  Tension has flooded the small and meager gathering of strangers and with Stephan defecting back to silence it leaves Only with the mop and bucket to clean up where he can.  Calmly he sinks back into his own skin and assesses his situation, when Eik continues on Only gives a soft sigh and nods to him.

"I would like to stay."  Clarity finds him.  His eyes are sharper-yet when it isn't Stephan using them.  Only's eyes flicker between both of their faces as he wonders which of the two is more skeptical.  Perhaps it is the religious woman -- but Eik asks more questions - and so he continues to wonder as he weaves his webs.

"Peacefully, of course."  

All hostilities put aside for the sake of finding a roof over his head - Only lifts the baskets off of his shoulders with practiced ease and sets them down.  The items he pulls are bagged, tagged, and itemized as if he's gone shopping for them but - as it turns out - he's done it for their own safety.

"Unfortunately for you Eik, I have brought poison along with an antidote if there is an accident.  You shouldn't be so unprepared in a desert."  Vials marked with warnings are turned over to Inkheart - somehow Only thinks she'll feel safest if they are left in her care and not his while other sachets of seeds and sprouts are offered to Eik.  "This isn't enough to feed an entire colony but it is something and more can be brought.  Winter is coming - everything has gone to seed."  

He wonders then, when will they ask him 'Why?'  or 'What is all of this for?' and he worries - he worries because he doesn't have an answer to this random act of kindness.

"All I ask is for sanctuary and that you don't ask me why.  Nobody knows I am here - and nobody will come looking for me either.  But may I ask - why are you so wary of outsiders?"

@Eik 
@Inkheart

ooc:  We can end this thread if you guys want.  I'm so sorry I checked out for a hard minute on this thread. Only just wants to crash in Day and see if it's his kind of people.  I love you guys and I'm sorry again.  

.only
si vis pacem para bellum

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called but few are chosen.

Messages In This Thread
si vis pacem para bellum - by Only - 09-11-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Inkheart - 09-11-2017, 03:04 PM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Eik - 09-12-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Only - 09-12-2017, 10:05 PM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Inkheart - 09-14-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Eik - 09-15-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Only - 09-22-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Inkheart - 09-24-2017, 12:48 AM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Eik - 09-26-2017, 11:49 PM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Only - 11-13-2017, 01:15 PM