Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - >> soul of sand <<

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Inkheart

Inkheart
JUST LIKE FIRE, BURNING OUT THE WAY
IF I CAN LIGHT THE WORLD UP FOR
JUST ONE DAY WATCH THIS MADNESS
COLORFUL CHARADE NO ONE CAN
BE JUST LIKE ME ANYWAY

Inkheart is surprised to find that Seraphina is not just accepting Inkheart's proposition, but agreeing to it as well. Part of her mind deviates, distracted with clouts of suspicion. But the other part of her mind remains honed on her goal. It works furiously, thinking of where the shrine would be, what materials would be used, what the design might be. She's torn from the thought by Seraphina's next question. How would she spread the good word of Solis? 'Religion is touchy.' Her lips slip into a smirk. "Of course religion is touchy. There are many lost souls in this world, nearly as many that are weakened and possessed by darkness and evil." It's the first she's let slip to the Solterrans of her belief in demon possession. But it is the truth, as real as the sand below her. Fear not, Emissary. I come bearing solutions. She glances out into the horizon, as if she can see to the courts far beyond. "Speak to them of the Gods, of Solis. Enter a dialogue - anger, force, and hatred are no good and will only make others more resistant. Preach the good word and encourage them to see the light that Solis brings to our lives, the world. Raise the positives until goodness is all they can see."

Indeed, that is the approach that Inkheart has taken before. It has engaged her intellectually, philosophically, and spiritually. She reflects back on her conversation with Florentine, and the idea that Time is something that should not be controlled. It was a wonderfully profound, prodigious talk that rocked Inkheart's world. It has not changed the way that Inkheart approaches the world, but it reminds her to keep an open mind and heart. Seraphina's offer to help surprises Inkheart, and a glimmer of that emotion floats across her face. "I will take your offer into consideration. Thank you." She speaks genuinely, and finds a moment of peace and coexistence between them. "I think I would like to use some form of bricks, clay formed from various materials. All things we can gather here in Solterra or in Ruris. But later I would like to perhaps gather precious gems or glass to decorate it. Humble beginnings, though, for our faith does not need glamor." She smiles more to herself in consideration of the idea. It will be a glorious undertaking indeed.

@Seraphina

Messages In This Thread
>> soul of sand << - by Inkheart - 09-11-2017, 12:00 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Seraphina - 09-11-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Inkheart - 09-11-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Seraphina - 09-12-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Inkheart - 09-14-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Seraphina - 09-15-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Inkheart - 09-18-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Seraphina - 11-13-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Inkheart - 11-19-2017, 07:18 PM