Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dancin' to jailhouse rock

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

It doesn't take long for someone to notice the caged monkey, eh? At first I remain still, not bothering to look as I hear footsteps approaching, then the sound of my guards moving out of the way to allow the stranger entrance. I don't recognize the scent of the stranger except to note that it may have wandered past the cell earlier - maybe? It's hard for me to tell since I've been so in and out of everything. But when the stranger crosses the threshold into the cell, I lift my head and eye him warily. It's not one of the ones who came for me, so at least there's that. He doesn't say much except to drop a skin in front of me, by his words full of water. I reach for it with the little energy I've stored up and tip it back so the water dribbles past my lips and down my parched throat.

So parched, in the land of the sun. Even in a cell I can't escape the heat, the sand. As I continue to drink, I hear the question asked of me. 'What did you do to land here?' I finish drinking, having nearly emptied the skin. I set it back down and offer an expression that is a strange mixture of apologetic and thankful. My silver eyes taken him in - the pale stallion, dappled and scarred. I meet his dark gaze, wondering at the emotion that lies within.

My words are hateful, laced with bubbling, indignant rage. "I have done nothing!" I hiss as well as I can: my throat is still rather dry. "I lived here for a brief time and left when Maxence started to boss everyone around. I didn't want to be apart of it, so I left." I snort at the thought that such an action might have started.. whatever this is. The snort rocks my muscles in a not good way, and I let out a groan as a follow-up. It's then as I'm distracted that I notice the figure standing in the doorway.

I don't remember her name, but I recognize her. She was there at the beginning, fawning over Maxence. I shoot a raw, burning glare in her direction, thinking that she must have something to do with this. But there's no malice in her stance, her gaze, nor the words she offers to me. Damaris is recovering. I feel a knot in my stomach loosen slightly, allowing some of the tension in the rest of my body to ebb as well. I think that perhaps I'll get up, take advantage of the stillness to blow through them and make a run for it. Even thinking about it exhausts me, and I don't even try to lift myself from the ground. Instead.... Are you there Damaris? Tell me you're okay. I reach out across our connection, hoping that somehow, she'd hear me and respond. I'm here. Her voice is weak, but not in pain. Maybe it's the walls between us, some magic or some part of the venom through both of us. It's just enough though to calm part of me into remaining still.

@Eik @Seraphina
Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 09-18-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Eik - 09-20-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Seraphina - 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 09-23-2017, 04:18 AM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Eik - 09-23-2017, 01:39 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Seraphina - 10-01-2017, 05:15 PM