Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - to the stars [festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

It came with a shock to discover that this magnificent gentleman, with words laced in a timbre of the depths Somnus could not fathom, was actually a member of the Dawn Court, and had been for years. Verdant eyes widened in minute surprise, turning his head slightly to regard the winged stallion with blatant curiosity. It wasn't often that Somnus found himself speechless, but this was one of those very times.

Now, the golden tactician himself had not been in Delumine or Novus for a terribly long time, perhaps about a whole season at most, but he would have remembered seeing someone of this fellow's caliber before. Nothing about him was familiar; his face, his massive size, the way he held himself, the length of his downy wings, nor his name. Caelum. Sky. The same ancient tongue of which his own name was derived. How appropriate that they should find kinship here, in Delumine.

The flash of surprise was momentary, and once more Somnus masked his features behind that refined canvas of neutrality, recalling his manners of chamberlain and advisor to the Crown of Vhallen. He had been slacking in his manners, growing accustomed to the mundane and letting his carefully kept expression and habits go in favor of the slow, relaxed pace of the Dawn Court. It was inevitable, whether he liked it or not, given the fact that he no longer obtained a position where his opinion merited much worth, and the easy-going atmosphere around him. Here, there was no need for quick wit, a sharp tongue, or keen observations... At least not yet.

Ah, but what a bitter thought for such a fortuitous event. Such thinking simply would not do.

Letting those thoughts drift away into the deep recesses of his own mind to be mulled about on a rainy day, preferably in his own, solitary company, the golden stallion's dark lips twitched upwards into a smile once more, and he dipped his head. "A pleasure, Caelum. Be welcome back among home soil, then. The Harvest Festival is all the more warmer for your return to Delumine." And, well... Somnus was quite warmer, as well. For Caelum's company. The tactician's crisp, keen emerald eyes glittered as they glanced back outwards, watching as the civilians and visitors alike partook in the offerings of the celebration. They were happy, and that was good. He had been terrified that something would happen, that his idea would be a botched mess of turmoil and disappointment, or, at worse, an outbreak of violence, but everyone seemed amicable to prolong the peace and simply enjoy the celebration for what it was; for fun, for offering, and for unity.

"I've naught a clue if such festivities were had in the past. I'm only a recent addition to the Dawn Court myself. I arrived in the midst of last summer's thrall." And what a hot, grueling summer it had been. He much preferred the crisp chill and sweet breeze that came with autumn. "... I suggested the festival to His Majesty in hopes of offering something back to the citizens of Novus, as well as pay homage to our Gods. I'm honestly quite tickled that the people seem to love it so." Here, Somnus grew momentarily quiet before offering Caelum a gentle smile.

"Apologies. I've been harried since it began, checking in with everyone to ensure all was well. This is the first time in hours that I've managed to stop and simply take it all in." And in such fine company, too. "... So, Caelum, if I may ask. Have you been to many places in your wanderings?"

@Caelum

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
to the stars [festival] - by Caelum - 10-22-2017, 01:22 AM
RE: to the stars [festival] - by Somnus - 10-22-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: to the stars [festival] - by Caelum - 10-22-2017, 05:39 PM
RE: to the stars [festival] - by Somnus - 10-24-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: to the stars [festival] - by Caelum - 10-26-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: to the stars [festival] - by Alioth - 10-27-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: to the stars [festival] - by Somnus - 11-05-2017, 11:42 AM