Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - it's only been a moment

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ranjiri

Was this some kind of joke? One last spiteful, hateful, evil joke that Kaos had decided to play on all of us? Did he just force us through a portal under the threat of death just to separate us from what was left of our families just to hurt us more?

With each passing question that rolled through my mind my grief was replaced by rage. My ears were pinned back against my head as I surged unsteadily to my feet. "You son of a bitch!" I screamed at the sky, where the portal had been. We were all supposed to stay together. We were supposed to be in The Rift together and ... I was alone. I had made sure to push my family through before me, so they should have been here. "We were supposed to stay together!" I screamed again. "You son of a bitch! I hate you!"

Just as quickly as my rage had bubbled up it was gone, leaving me visibly deflated. My head dropped and I stared at my hooves and the ground. It took ... far longer than it should have for me to actually see the sand that coated my wet legs and hooves. It took a few seconds longer for me to realize that there were others around me, speaking to me, though their voices sounded muffled over the sound of my heart pounding in my ears. For a moment I had hope that I had been mistaken in my thinking that my family had not come through the portal - that they were the ones who stood around me.

One look at the mare closest to me was enough to dash that hope into pieces smaller than the grains of sand we stood upon. My gaze shifted from her to the winged stallion who exuded an air of authority. Then, finally, I looked at the grey stallion who appeared to be the last to arrive. They looked ... normal. Nothing like what I expected creatures from the Rift to look like.

But, wait...

My head rose a little higher, my ears tilted forward, and I finally looked around at the place I'd fallen. It ... it almost looked like the Dragon's Throat. The sand, the oasis, the heat. It felt so close to home that my chest hurt and I grimaced. This ... this had to be some kind of a joke. Maybe I had died the minute I stepped through that portal. Maybe this was what heaven looked like.

"Where ... where am I?" I finally choked out, my voice raspy from the screaming I had done. "Who are you?"

"."

stood at the coal face, stood with our backs to the sun
i can remember being nothing but fearless and young

@Eden @Maxence @Eik

Messages In This Thread
it's only been a moment - by Ranjiri - 10-22-2017, 07:14 PM
RE: it's only been a moment - by Eden - 10-22-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: it's only been a moment - by Maxence - 10-23-2017, 12:18 PM
RE: it's only been a moment - by Eik - 10-24-2017, 10:00 AM
RE: it's only been a moment - by Ranjiri - 10-24-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: it's only been a moment - by Eik - 11-06-2017, 05:47 PM