Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - 'cause i've been waiting. [Festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

Through the beginning stages of the Harvest Festival and the eruption of its grand success, he had felt incredibly relieved. It was palpable, nearly able to be tasted, the joy and elation felt from all of their guests, and it put the golden tactician at a vast level of ease given his worrying tendencies. At the beginning, he had rushed from group to group, ensuring that everyone was well and taking care of anything that they might need. He was a perfectionist, savagely so, and wanted only the best for the participants of the Harvest Festival, no matter their Court or origin. When he wasn't dancing among the masses, fretting for their level of satisfaction, Somnus devotedly remained outside of the crowds, welcoming their guests warmly.

For now, that it was obvious that their guests were enjoying themselves and he did not need to fret over Kasil's disappointment upon the Dawn King's return, he decided to take a few moments of selfish time for himself. With poise and grace he maneuvered through the crowds, dodging moving bodies and stopping long enough to spoil himself and enjoy a spiced apple cake from one of the tables of savory treats before moving on.

An ear flicked to the side as he finished his treat, the songs from the musicians of Denocte catching his attention. The dunalino gentleman turned his head, keen verdant eyes watching the spinning, dancing, prancing bodies of those who cared to indulge in dance to such fine melodies. He lingered throughout the duration of the song, simply listening, before drawing closer as the song began to fade.

He came to stand next to a painted brother of Dawn, Ipomoea, Emissary to the Dawn Court. They knew of each other, but not intimately. Not the way that Somnus knew Ulric, or even Florentine of the Dusk Court. Not even the way that he knew the Dawn King himself, and that alone was sparingly. He made a face of momentary displeasure with himself; was he truly so scarce in his own land that he hardly knew the familiar faces among the masses?

Ah, well. Some things could simply not be helped. Perhaps it would do him some good to not spend so much time within the familiar walls of the library, however.

As the song finally faded, the singers and dancers moving on to the next bout of merriment, the dunalino's head turned and he caught the brilliant shade of magenta eyes, catching the words spoken reverently with high praise. He smiled, dark lips turning upwards in a sincere expression, and the tactician dipped his horned head in agreement.

"Indeed," he began, the eloquent lilt of his accent making his words sound softer than he had intended, "I've heard rumors, but never had the pleasure to listen with my own ears. We are lucky that they've traveled so far to bestow us with their finest musicians." Lucky indeed. "Have you been enjoying yourself thus far?"

@Ipomoea

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
'cause i've been waiting. [Festival] - by Ipomoea - 11-04-2017, 05:10 PM
RE: 'cause i've been waiting. [Festival] - by Somnus - 11-05-2017, 10:51 AM
RE: 'cause i've been waiting. [Festival] - by Ipomoea - 11-06-2017, 01:37 AM