Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - | elsewhere and everywere

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

Keen verdant eyes regarded the wound placed upon her foreleg, wincing in sympathy at the sight of crudely torn flesh and gristle, exposing nerve and muscle beneath bloodstained hide. It looked severe and incredibly painful, and by no means recent, meaning that the two-toned maiden had sported it for some time. He couldn’t even fathom the grief such a wound might have caused, and found himself fretting over the possibility of infection. The strategist’s piercing gaze darted upwards, meeting the winged mare’s striking blue eyes, and hummed beneath his breath as he dared take a step closer, tawny ears tipped back against flaxen hairs in worry. Clearly he was no threat, and hoped that she wouldn’t perceive his approach as such. All he wished to do was help.

“They are,” he agreed, for she was not wrong. Somnus served these lands as Regent, as second-in-command to Kasil, the Dawn King himself. Anything that he could provide for her, this injured stranger, he would. Her instability was worrisome, the way that her body swayed, hooves splayed and wings assisting in keeping balance. Unbidden, he took another step, dark lips pulled downwards in a worried frown.

“I’ve no herbs or medicines at the ready, but the Citadel isn’t far. You may lean on me, if you wish, and I will take you there. Our healers can look you over, or I can assist you by fetching whatever you may need if you would prefer to treat yourself.” It was a bold offer to a stranger, but she was in desperate need of assistance, and he wouldn’t simply leave her. He wasn’t a brute, after all. The dunalino gentleman straightened, mottled wings flexed lazily at his sides. Even if she accepted his help only to leave Delumine afterwards, then that would be just fine. Hardy and stubborn though she seemed, there was never any harm in accepting help when it was due. Somnus could only hope that she would let him.

Shifting, he turned, tucking his wings close to his sides. “Lay your wing overtop mine and I will keep you upright. I know that we are but strangers, but I truly want to help.” Then, as an afterthought. “Or if you’ve the strength, we can fly.”

@Aloy

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
| elsewhere and everywere - by Aloy - 12-20-2017, 06:50 AM
RE: | elsewhere and everywere - by Somnus - 12-20-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: | elsewhere and everywere - by Aloy - 12-21-2017, 07:33 AM
RE: | elsewhere and everywere - by Somnus - 12-22-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: | elsewhere and everywere - by Aloy - 12-26-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: | elsewhere and everywere - by Somnus - 01-03-2018, 04:50 AM