Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Feud  - i may fall.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

A   I   S   L   I   N   N  

TRIGGER WARNING: Blood, torture, and detailed experience of pain.

She is drowning in a sea of shadows and crimson stained snow. Needy hands reach and grab hold onto her broken, splintered body, dragging her beneath the waves of unconsciousness until she is thrashing for breath. He is the monster who holds her head beneath the waters of nothingness. It is he who ripped her from her beloved skies, her beloved stars. She cannot stop the tendrils of darkness that gather, slithering across her skin and pulling at her bones as the cold seeps into her soul. They numb her to the borders of slumber. But still she refuses to fall, despite the bursts of white flame that burn where her beautiful wing once lay. Now it is her anger, her desperation, that is the only fire that fuels her to stay awake; to stare into those blood-red orbs with the glowing sapphires of her own.

The stormsinger was weak after all.

Gritting her teeth, locking her jaw, Aislinn desperately holds onto the daggers of pain for leverage. Her agony will keep her awake — keep her just barely on the brink of madness. She cannot give in to the blackness whilst he still stands. Her threat is a promise dealt in blood rubies, dripping off of her lips with malice. I’ll kill you.

His breath mists across her cheek in clouds of steam. Nauseatingly intimate in their closeness, his lips ghost across the pallor of her skin. The growl that releases from his throat reverberates deep in her bones, and she trembles uncontrollably. Her body is no longer under her control as she continues to fight the angry waters of darkness. Whimpers shake her lips, falling from her mouth in moans that breathe against the snow in curls of frost. Aislinn can only widen her eyes now, watching, slowly, achingly, as the Warden brushes the curve of her jaw where stars sprinkle the night sky of her neck. No. No. No.

You’re gorgeous when you’re mad.

Aislinn cringes, hissing through clenched teeth. Her blue eyes flare with shocked brilliance as he raises a cruel rock to her neck. She does not even have the time to thrash, to sink below the waves of nothingness. To get away. Instead, Aislinn barely sucks in a frozen breath as the point digs into her flesh — in that precious spot in her own galaxy.  Something cracks inside her, unlocking a lullaby — one of her mother’s lullabies — that begins to whisper with each tear that falls.

What had once become a comfort to her would no sooner haunt her instead.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are

Beneath him, she screams.

Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky

Sticky blood wells where the rock drags and digs into her skin, cleaving her open. She struggles, shying away. But there is no where to run; not when she cannot help to stand, not when she is pinned in a coffin of snow and ice that cradles her against the hard ground.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star

Trails of red tears carve down the curve of her neck, tangling with silver hair. Her throat parches with each yielding scream, and the heavens no longer answer to her song. For this song, this symphony of her anguish, would not be quenched by the downpour of her blessed rain storms.

She could only feel the pin point of that brutal rock like knifes of ancient stone ripping her open.

How I wonder —

Aislinn trembles, shaking wildly as her cries falter to sobs. Hot tears stream down her cheeks, mingling with blood, until the Warden and her battlefield are blurred swathes of black and white and red. Oh.. so much red.

He scrapes a final crude mark upon her. Branding her with her weakness.

— what you are

A sun. A blazing, barbaric sun glistens in crimson on her neck. Forever marking her. Her.. Calligo’s daughter, her storm born guardian. A destroyer no more.

She shudders as his lips graze her ear again. The thin paper walls of her lungs burn with the effort of her breath. Her blood mars the harsh blankets of snow in shocks of scarlet that only continued to grow, as her lifeblood dribbles from her ruined skin and bones. For what had once been twin appendages — majestic, powerful wings — was now a heap of flesh and muscle and feathers painted in red. Aislinn can only choke back a sigh, before giving in completely. Heaviness lulls her as she tumbles into the shadows that flood her eyes, eyelids fluttering closed.

At last, the sweet nothing of unconsciousness holds the stormsinger by the hand. What is left of her lays collapsed on a grave of bleeding snow.

It’s not safe to be alone with me.

"I’ll—" she murmurs into the shadows.

And then the darkness swallows her whole.

@Torstein hi, my name is roo and I like to torture my characters using childhood lullabies ;u; haha BUT oml thank you so much for this thread darling

side note: basically she passes out from shock, and will eventually wake up to the beginning events of this thread! also for added creepiness, please feel free to listen to the dead space version of the song (I’M SORRY IN ADVANCE). please don’t hate me ;_;
"Aislinn speech."

space

Messages In This Thread
i may fall. - by Aislinn - 01-29-2018, 11:32 PM
RE: i may fall. - by Torstein - 02-15-2018, 11:10 PM
RE: i may fall. - by Aislinn - 02-19-2018, 06:46 AM
RE: i may fall. - by Torstein - 03-09-2018, 11:02 PM
RE: i may fall. - by Aislinn - 03-19-2018, 12:16 AM
RE: i may fall. - by Torstein - 04-01-2018, 07:36 AM
RE: i may fall. - by Aislinn - 04-09-2018, 08:40 PM
RE: i may fall. - by Torstein - 04-20-2018, 01:43 AM
RE: i may fall. - by Aislinn - 04-22-2018, 08:04 AM