Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a winding, weaving fate

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

SOMNUS

Through it all, Somnus remained right where he promised he would be; at Pavetta’s side. His heart lurched as she did when the pain became too much, his breath catching with every grimace and stumble, shouldering up against her so that she would not fall. With unfathomable patience he remained at her side, his pace slow, measured, taking a step only when she did. It was obvious that her injury rendered her practically crippled, and his heart ached at the sheer amount of pain that she was so clearly suffering. If only he were a healer-knight, having come prepared to treat a wound of such severity… Guilt had never tasted so bitter, despite knowing that this was in no way his fault.

’Hurry, Alba,’ he silently begged, knowing that the barn owl would hear him despite their distance. Determination filtered through their bond, raw and fierce, and the dunalino’s dark lips thinned with tension. She had heard him, but that alone would not ease Pavetta’s pain.

“Easy, now,” Somnus soothed, accent thick with concern, “Just a little further.” From the shadows of the willows did they hobble, their pace slow and subdued. Through it all he was right there; for every stumble and gasp, his expression growing more pinched with each and every one. Inevitably they stepped into the cold waters, hooves splashing, and ultimately coming to a stop when the currents were high enough to cover and soothe Pavetta’s injury with frigid, numbing liquid. “There we are now. I won’t let you fall.” They stood together, two unlikely compatriots, watching as dawn brought forth a new day to Novus. The warmth of their bodies lingered despite the chilly morning air, and pressed so intimately against the dappled woman’s side as he was, it was easy to feel the tension slowly leak from her frame as her pain surely began to numb and dissipate. The cold water had to be helping, and even then, Somnus did not move to step away or put any distance between them.

Pavetta’s words drew the stallion’s attention away from the shifting colors of the sky, and he instead focused keen verde upon suffering rose-quartz. Despite himself, he smiled, but the expression was modest and subdued. It was impossible to miss the melancholy of her voice and the haunted look to her eyes, and he hoped to assist in alleviating her mental anguish, just as he had done with her physical. “Perhaps I am not a servant of the traditional sense, but I willingly serve my land all the same. Body and mind I direct towards the safety, benefit, and longevity of Delumine and her people.”

Then, hoping to placate Pavetta’s curiosity, as well as hoping to distract her from her injury, he went on, his voice taking on what he hoped would be a therapeutic, soothing tone. “Not an Order, no. You are in Novus. Within Novus stands four Courts; Dawn, Day, Dusk, and Night. Delumine is the province which houses the Dawn Court. I serve our land as Regent, second beneath King Kasil. Solterra is the province of Day, Terrastella is the province of Dusk, and Denocte is the province of Night. Each has its own King or Queen to guide them.” Hopefully that answer would be satisfactory enough, given that it was quite the bland explanation.

Hoping to learn a bit more about the rich grey mare at his side, Somnus began his own set of inquiries, beginning with the most important. “… How are you feeling now?” Surely she was still in a considerable amount of pain and discomfort, but the clear, cold water had to be helping alleviate some of that. Then, he pressed on, hoping that his curiosity wasn’t unwelcome. “… Might I ask where it is you have come from, Pavetta?”

@Pavetta – I seriously cannot get enough of her or your writing. <3 <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
a winding, weaving fate - by Pavetta - 02-09-2018, 09:15 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Somnus - 02-09-2018, 11:57 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Pavetta - 02-11-2018, 09:27 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Somnus - 02-16-2018, 11:37 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Pavetta - 02-18-2018, 04:31 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Somnus - 02-19-2018, 05:06 AM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Pavetta - 03-03-2018, 11:51 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Somnus - 03-06-2018, 02:34 AM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Pavetta - 03-08-2018, 07:44 PM