Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we're not meant for history;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

florentine

Her smile is free of sorrow and pain. In this moment it is something warmer, something akin to the smiles that used to paint her gilded lips before the Winter’s End Festival. The flower girl basks in this moment with her brother. As she leans upon him, Flora considers her family (only those she knows, for she is not aware that she stands as the youngest in a line of numerous siblings) and takes what comfort she can from having her brother close.

The smile she wears does not go. It does not succumb to time or sorrow. It lingers defiant against the shadows that have plagued her of late. Asterion's laughter accompanies it and all at once it feels okay to be a queen with little idea of how to run a kingdom. It feels okay for the crown to weigh so terribly heavy. They could fumble through together.

Her own laugh, a soft chuckle that chimes like bells, rings out when his muzzle bumps her cheek. It is warming to have family so close, even here, so far from the Rift.

“Just a few others form the counsel.” Florentine says slowly. “Cyrene is my Emmissary and Israfel our new Warden.”

Florentine's body shifts as his shoulder nudges hers and from beneath her fringe she watches him with a smile that turns sly. He provides such wise words; another gift from their father, she thinks. Such wisdom was not passed onto her. She was not born to sit still and consider the ways of the world, this girl was too busy living it. “I am glad you have agreed to be my Regent. You are quite wise, you know.”

Then he is talking of Lysander and her heart stoops low. Her mind becomes so full of thoughts of him. She feels she might burst from all that she thinks and feels. “Lysander is… not good.” Florentine confesses softly. “He is not healing like he should…”

The flower girl trails off falling silent beneath such terrible thoughts of Lysander’s mortality. “You are right, I had better go to him. Thank you again Asterion.” She steps forward, pressing a kiss to his cheek and then she is gone, only petals stirring in her wake.

@Asterion 

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
we're not meant for history; - by Asterion - 02-18-2018, 05:07 PM
RE: we're not meant for history; - by Florentine - 02-22-2018, 05:06 PM
RE: we're not meant for history; - by Asterion - 02-24-2018, 06:10 PM
RE: we're not meant for history; - by Florentine - 02-28-2018, 01:26 PM
RE: we're not meant for history; - by Asterion - 02-28-2018, 02:46 PM
RE: we're not meant for history; - by Florentine - 03-01-2018, 03:15 PM
RE: we're not meant for history; - by Asterion - 03-07-2018, 09:14 AM
RE: we're not meant for history; - by Florentine - 03-08-2018, 11:46 AM