Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Mary Jane Shoes

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

SOMNUS

Alba nearly preened at the praise. It was as if she understood that Liesel’s words were directed at her, and the barn owl fluttered her feathers in immense pleasure at being the center of attention, puffing up proudly upon her roost. It was becoming a frequent occurrence, and Somnus wondered of the effects it may soon have on the young owl’s ego. No matter. There was no harm in it, at least not yet. After all, the golden tactician had found himself time and time again at fault for spoiling her or doting upon her.

He chuckled. “I fear your words may go to her head. But I found her this last winter in the Viride Forest, amidst a blizzard,” Somnus answered, sharp verdant eyes turning away from his self-satisfied companion to focus instead on the rich amber gaze of the proud warrior before him, “Or, well… Technically I suppose she found me, and here we are now.” Inseparable, for the most part, save for the times of day when Alba would leave to go hunting.

The young barn owl rolled her eyes before wide black orbs settled once more on Liesel. ’I thought you were one of my kind. A horse with owl wings. How was I to know?’ The dunalino merely gave a grunt and shook his head, amused. Despite her thoughts that intermingled with his own, Somnus did not doubt the affection that Alba held towards him. Two peas in a pod, they were.

“But I’m quite well, thank you. Alba tends to get cranky if we remain cooped up inside the citadel for too long, and it’s such a fine morning to be out and about. I was loathe to miss an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful weather.” His smile remained, honest and open and handsome. “I’m pleased that we did, if only that we’ve crossed paths with you. I apologize, that we haven’t spoken many words to one another prior to this moment.” Somnus, regretfully, knew very little about Liesel, aside from her name and rank. Kasil had mentioned her occasionally in passing, but nothing that would give away any personal information. It was very clear that she took her position as a warrior seriously, since he had so rudely interrupted her morning training session. Perhaps it was time to remedy those transgressions and attempt to get to know her a little bit more.

“Court is, well… Court, and I would loathe to bore you with politics. Perhaps you could tell me more about yourself? I know so very little about you. Do you enjoy serving as a warrior?”

@Liesel <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Mary Jane Shoes - by Liesel - 02-18-2018, 10:18 PM
RE: Mary Jane Shoes - by Somnus - 02-19-2018, 04:09 AM
RE: Mary Jane Shoes - by Liesel - 02-21-2018, 12:10 AM
RE: Mary Jane Shoes - by Somnus - 02-23-2018, 02:46 AM
RE: Mary Jane Shoes - by Liesel - 03-08-2018, 12:31 AM