Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - daybreak

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

OH MY OWN VOICE CANNOT SAVE ME NOW

--

His white coat still put her in mind of a ghost amidst the harsh, warm tones of Solterra, but he seemed more comfortable in the desert lands than he had before – more solid, more aware. She didn’t smile in greeting, but Seraphina did not smile on principle; the gesture, she imagined, would only look artificial on her, primarily because it would be artificial. Instead, she offered a dip of her head, though her expression seemed to soften marginally as she took in the warrior. “Hello, Eik. Thank you for coming.” She wasted no time to launch into her proposal.

“I imagine you have noticed I am not one to mince words – I see no reason to do so now. My old position has been vacant more than long enough, and the Day Court desperately needs an Emissary. I feel that you are well-suited for the role, if you would like it.” Seraphina supposed that she was being a bit more polite about this succession than Maxence was to her – sudden and jolting in the wake of the battle with the teryr, entirely public. She had that incident to blame for all the events that had conspired later, and a significant part of her wondered if she wouldn’t be better off as a warrior, as she was before these promotions. (There was no reason to consider it.) She continued, quickly; best to explain before he made his decision. “I warn you that it will not be an easy rank to hold. Not now, perhaps not ever…Maxence’s rash actions have alienated us from the other courts, and there have been no shortage of hostilities to further irritate the wounds between us.” That was discounting all of the mistrust and unrest within the Court; it was full of hot tempers and snakes, and Seraphina, though distrusting by nature, was no longer sure who was ally and who was enemy among the sands. (A part of her was slowly growing to distrust her closest advisor – something was strange about Avdotya. She had changed, and, though Seraphina could not pinpoint precisely why, sometimes when she looked into her eyes she saw something that made her wonder if they both truly desired the same things. Perhaps it was nothing but paranoia. She hoped it was nothing but paranoia.) In any case, she needed someone steadfast to take her place as Emissary, someone who wouldn’t rile the tempers of the other nations further…and, Solis willing, Eik seemed more than capable of making friends. She regarded him with the mask of cool composure that she always wore, her odd eyes lingering on his own.

You possess certain qualities that most of those who dwell among these sands lack. I believe you are more than equipped to handle the challenge…but, of course, the choice is yours. If you require time to consider it, you have all that you need.” Within reason, of course – there was work to be done.

@

@Eik - whooo, my muse is shot. sorry this took so long.
anyways, I do believe that you can post for Eik's rank to be updated, now! <3

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
daybreak - by Seraphina - 02-19-2018, 09:06 PM
RE: daybreak - by Eik - 02-22-2018, 08:08 PM
RE: daybreak - by Seraphina - 02-28-2018, 07:28 PM
RE: daybreak - by Eik - 03-01-2018, 07:19 PM
RE: daybreak - by Seraphina - 03-04-2018, 09:09 PM
RE: daybreak - by Eik - 03-06-2018, 03:25 PM
RE: daybreak - by Seraphina - 03-11-2018, 03:19 PM
RE: daybreak - by Eik - 03-28-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: daybreak - by Seraphina - 04-07-2018, 08:00 PM