Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Too Much is Never Enough

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

SOMNUS

’Is everything alright, Somnus?’

An innocent question, but one that weighed an unfathomable amount. Was everything alright? Well, no, but it was manageable. Salvageable. To his knowledge, Delumine was not in immediate danger despite the rising tensions between their sister-provinces. Everyone was safe and healthy. They could overcome this drastic, sudden change, so long as they all stood together. Just as the sun would inevitably sink beyond the horizon and end the day, the dawn would inevitably rise. Life would continue, just as they would. This was merely a setting sun of one era, preparing the stage for another to rise.

Still, he found himself hesitant to speak. Fearful, almost. How could he say the words that so desperately pushed for supremacy behind his teeth? The new King let out a slow, measured breath, allowing for his eyes to drift shut in an attempt to collect himself and his thoughts. Losing himself to his warring emotions would do them no favors. The spotted fellow in his company now could be trusted. That was why he had sought him out in the first place. Po was a man of reason, a champion of the mind, of the spirit, of knowing. He would understand, and Somnus knew that he had nothing to fear.

“As well as they can be, I’m afraid. Po,” Somnus breathed out, as though the Emissary’s name was dry land and he had been drowning, lost at sea amidst water and flotsam. As he spoke, however, the dunalino’s voice grew in strength, in confidence. Determined emerald eyes slid open, glittering fiercely in the sunlight as he met the gaze of concerned magenta. Together. “… I’ve just come from a meeting with Kasil. He has shifted supreme command of the Court to me. He has named me Sovereign in his stead.”

He paused long enough to take another steadying breath, all while carefully gauging the Emissary’s expression. The new King stood poised and firm, holding his ground against the harsh truth of his own words. The weight of his promise felt like lead in his breast, but just as much as it was heavy, did it make him strong. “Kasil plans to leave Delumine behind, if he hasn’t already. I won’t speak for him in regards to why. He is my friend, and I will not try to explain his reasoning… But that brings me to why I’ve sought you out. I know that this is sudden. I know that you and Kasil were very close, in manners of the Court and in friendship, but we must carry on. For our Court, and the ones who love this place just as much as you and I do.”

“I would like for you to be my Regent, good Po. Your influence within our Court is great, and they respect you. I respect you.” He hoped that Po understood the importance of it. Somnus did not give out his friendship, his trust, or his respect that easily. “You are determined and astute, and loyal to Delumine and Oriens’ teachings. I believe that your experience as Emissary will serve us well, standing by my side as Regent. I also know that this is a lot to take in at once, and by no means am I pressuring you to accept such a weight. Nor will I think any different of you should you decline.”

Somnus wouldn’t blame him, not one bit. Ipomoea made a fantastic Emissary. He was personable and bubbly, vivacious in all manners of life, easy to laugh and talk… But it was those things that made him a grand Emissary that made Somnus hope he would accept the promotion to Regent. The new King could use such feats in his second-in-command. Hoping to alleviate the tension in the air, he attempted a smile, but Somnus was fairly certain it looked more like a grimace.

“… If you need to think on it, please, do. I can wait.”

But could the Court?

@Ipomoea

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 02-22-2018, 05:57 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 02-22-2018, 10:30 PM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 02-23-2018, 02:20 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 02-25-2018, 06:59 PM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 02-26-2018, 05:54 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 02-27-2018, 09:47 PM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 03-06-2018, 01:00 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 03-27-2018, 01:48 PM