Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Too Much is Never Enough

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

SOMNUS

There was a confidence in Ipomoea, a rolling sense of self-assurance and silent strength despite his boyish nature and genuine personality that had surely come from the months spent as Emissary. It was a rank full of experience and self-building that would only assist the younger man now as Regent. Seeing his assurance, his confidence, the smile upon his lips and the joy within vibrant, sparkling red eyes, Somnus couldn’t help but feel assuaged, his worries drifting away to be tended to another day. Together, they could do this. They could. He had unwavering faith in their combined abilities.

Then, the appaloosa went on, and Somnus’ smile slipped. He was filled with a mixture of awe and hubris, of adoration and uncertainty. What had he done to deserve such reverie? Such respect and devotion? He had only served to the best of his abilities, throwing himself into learning about a land that he knew nothing about and serving a Court that he had not been born into. At first, it had been a coping mechanism to overcome such a devastating, profound loss, but somewhere along the way, it had turned into a genuine passion, a desire to make things better, to make things right. Now, Po’s words rang in his ears, bouncing around within his head, but could not take root. He? The best replacement for Delumine? Certainly not. He was just a man. A flawed man. He was no great King or sanctioned ruler. He was not chosen by the Gods. And yet…

And yet…

He would try to be. He would try to be the King that Delumine needed, that they deserved. It was all he could do.

“Po,” he murmured, a little choked, “I…” There was a pause, a brief hesitation, as the normally so silver-tongued tactician struggled to find the correct words to say. “Thank you. I will do my best to not fail your faith, nor the faith of our Court. I promise. I will do what I must.”

Then, soothing pressure, a soft touch. Wonderful, gentle, grounding touch, as Po stepped forward to brush against the rising crest of his shoulder. Somnus exhaled slowly, letting his eyes flutter closed, soaking in the proffered strength and understanding that such a simple action portrayed. For a selfish moment he stood still, relishing the contact, drawing from his newly named Regent. Emerald eyes opened slowly, focusing on the boyish face of the appaloosa, and his smile returned. He prayed that Po could see the gratification in his eyes, the adoration, the affection.

“Come along, then. Though I must admit, Po, I would much prefer that you walk at my side, if you would indulge me.” Despite what their new ranks dictated, they were equals, and Somnus did not want Po trailing behind, following within the golden tactician’s wake. They should face the trials of their Court together, side by side, and that is what they would do. Turning, the newly crowned King of Delumine took the first steps back to the Citadel, where they would call forth the meeting of a new era.

@Ipomoea – Somnus’ ending post :D

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 02-22-2018, 05:57 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 02-22-2018, 10:30 PM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 02-23-2018, 02:20 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 02-25-2018, 06:59 PM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 02-26-2018, 05:54 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 02-27-2018, 09:47 PM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 03-06-2018, 01:00 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 03-27-2018, 01:48 PM