Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - but I'd risk it all just to be with you

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rhoswen

[Image: rhosheader.jpg]

Rhoswen
They were cursed, surely. Their love was a blackened sky, a calamity waiting to ravage their universe. Her poison had a heartbeat and a pair of ocean eyes, where was the antidote for that? Rhoswen couldn't welcome the flood of his gaze, nor the gentle rhythm of his breathing so close to her skin, for her mind was a theatre of war: a dance had begun that she had never intended to participate in, yet here they were, dancing all the same. The red woman closed her eyes as though to shut out the walls that were closing in on all sides, shaking her head in a disbelief that drowned her still. How could she have let this happen? What would her father have said? Oh, Iscariot. He would have touched her shoulder with a lined, indomitable hand, imparting wisdom she had only heard ever fall from those auburn lips.  Iron eyes awaken, lids rising to reveal a depthless grief. She missed him; it was an ache that she could never discard, nor did she wish to. Alas, Iscariot was gone and she was alone. 

No, that was an untruth. For here Raum stood, shaken but unyielding in the face of change. Great, inconceivable change. Nothing would ever be the same. The ground rattled beneath the weight of it all, and Rhoswen shook her head again, the crackling inferno within her ribcage building higher and higher with each passing moment. The air hums, pulled taught by the momentousness surrounding them like a heavy fog, until it is broken by a voice she could never forget. Raum stepped closer, the heat on her skin hissed from the cool of his touch on her skin, and the breath in her chest hitched as time hung suspended. Rhoswen pressed gently into his narrow embrace, listening somewhat incredulously to the syllables drifting into the caustic air, we will make it work. Words she had desperately needed to hear, and yet still they did not soothe the fret which continued to escalate - louder, stronger - rising to a crescendo that assaulted every sense. 

"For all our sakes, I hope you are right."

@Raum eeee stressed rhos is stressed :p

Messages In This Thread
but I'd risk it all just to be with you - by Raum - 02-23-2018, 10:16 AM
RE: but I'd risk it all just to be with you - by Rhoswen - 03-08-2018, 10:32 AM
RE: but I'd risk it all just to be with you - by Rhoswen - 04-04-2018, 10:02 AM
RE: but I'd risk it all just to be with you - by Rhoswen - 04-07-2018, 07:40 AM
RE: but I'd risk it all just to be with you - by Rhoswen - 04-10-2018, 12:53 PM