Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - clear the skies from smoke

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

He couldn’t help it. Something about Orion’s words, the sincerity in which he spoke or the praise of the land that Somnus loved so dearly, caused the dunalino to chuckle warmly beneath his breath. It was easy to speak with Orion. They fell into conversation smoothly, naturally, in a way that Somnus had often struggled to do in the past. Yes, he was a tactician, a king, and a seasoned politician, gifted with an immaculate silver tongue. He could smile pleasantly and speak to dignitaries for hours, but those were nothing but empty conversations. This? Standing here within the Capitol courtyard, speaking to Orion? It was easy. It was wonderfully invigorating.

“A good thing, indeed,” Somnus echoed jovially, the depths of his emerald eyes glittering within the sunlight, “Come along then, if you would. I would be honored to be your guide for the afternoon.” His words held the echoes of a rueful connotation, a playful sort of teasing that he rarely reserved for those outside of his inner circle. Yet here he was, showing Orion, a stranger, a side of him that few others got to witness. Was it because of that simple, easy atmosphere that Orion exuded? It was hard to say. Somnus didn’t know. He didn’t like not knowing.

Hooves scraped and shifted upon mortar as Somnus turned to face the citadel, rolling his other shoulder to simply give it a good stretch. The Dawn King twisted his head about to watch as Orion lessened the distance between them, admiring the glint of his jet black horns in the sunlight. Handsome. The thought arose, unbidden, but not necessarily unwanted. Unable to hold the grullo’s gaze, Somnus turned his head about to instead focus his sights once more upon the citadel nearby.

Now, now, Somnus. There will be absolutely none of that. The task at hand, good sir.

Focusing instead on Orion’s inquiries, he smiled. Together, side by side, the two strolled through the courtyard at a leisurely pace. Alba remained stationed upon Somnus’ croup, pleased to be so close to the grullo stallion with the kind words. Goodness, if she wasn’t positively smitten with him. Orion truly had no idea what he had done with just a few pretty words.

“Not too long, I must admit. I arrived to Novus with the heat of last summer, so not quite a year yet.” And what a year it had been. Somnus’ life now was far different than the one he had obtained upon arriving to the land; a sage, a Regent, then King. Only Oriens would know where he would be in another year. “… But this land has become my home all the same. I became bewitched with Delumine’s beauty and grandeur, smitten with her sunrises and sunsets, and I was helpless but to not fall in love with her people. I hope to never leave.”

Clearing his throat, the Dawn King went on, his accent soothing as his voice carried through the courtyard. He motioned with his muzzle at the large, mortar citadel that they were steadily approaching. “This is our front courtyard, and our citadel is just ahead, as you can see. Many workings of the Court happen here, and this is also where most of our numbers reside.” Some, of course, chose not to sleep and live within the Capitol walls. Somnus did not begrudge their choices. “Shall we head inside?”

xx
space

@Orion – Sorry for the wait, my dear! Let’s continue! :D

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
clear the skies from smoke - by Orion - 02-27-2018, 11:57 PM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Somnus - 02-28-2018, 03:25 AM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Orion - 03-02-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Somnus - 03-03-2018, 09:34 AM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Orion - 03-04-2018, 12:11 AM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Somnus - 03-06-2018, 01:45 AM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Orion - 03-06-2018, 12:49 PM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Somnus - 03-18-2018, 04:25 AM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Orion - 03-21-2018, 09:22 PM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Somnus - 04-02-2018, 01:14 AM