Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - As We Are

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

It was good to hear that at least Orion had settled into Delumine and was beginning to consider the area his home. Not that Somnus had been concerned, not at all. The man was fluent in his words and mannerisms, noble of mind and soul, and he had no doubt that the spotted grullo would have any trouble settling into his new home. It was, however, good to hear all the same, and Somnus’ smile remained, soft and gentle as he gave a wise nod in return. Good, good.

“Splendid, Orion. I’m relieved to hear it.” For some time it had seemed like anyone who ventured into Delumine’s beautiful and lush forests lingered for some time before ultimately disappearing. Where they went, no one seemed to know, but it did put a damper on things when familiar faces, the faces of those he considered friends, would just up and leave without a hair or trace. Things felt as though they were changing, however, and Somnus wondered, with hope alight in his breast, that the times were ushering in a new era for Dawn. A new day, as cliché as the statement may seem. Only time would tell.

With a sidelong glance Somnus watched as Orion took a moment to dip his head, elegant and graceful as nobility tended to be, and take a sniff at one of the blooming flowers near their hooves. The scent must have been quite stronger than anticipated and the pollen potent, if the newly-named Emissary’s following sharp exhale was anything to go by. Unbidden, the Dawn King laughed, deep but modest. “Careful, lest a bee buzz right up your nostril. Perhaps someday I’ll tell you of a time that happened to me, when I was but a colt.” Of course, he had been a different fellow all together back then; clumsy and boisterous, far too curious for his own good, and desperate to shadow his older brother’s every move.

The thought of the stallion, missing and gone, was enough to steal away Somnus’ smile but for a moment before he shoved the thought aside. No matter. There was no reason to worry about him, or even think about him ever again. He was gone, perhaps even for good.

Letting out a soft hum as their walk continued, leisurely and relaxing through the gardens, insects buzzing about, Somnus grinned almost ruefully. “Perhaps. I believe we’ll be working quite closely together from here on out. I have faith that you won’t disappoint us, my good man, but if you need anything at all, please don’t hesitate to ask. You know that I’ll offer my services in whatever way that I can.” Perhaps, one day, he and Orion would be as close as he and Ipomoea were. They were similar souls, he and the kindhearted appaloosa, and had taken to each other quite easily. Hopefully that same trust, that same camaraderie, could be shared between each of them. Hopefully that would make their court strong and stable.

Hopefully…

Clearing his throat, the dunalino rolled a golden shoulder, hooves scraping against the rough mortar. “Shall we continue our walk? And then, perhaps, a bite to eat before settling down for some reading?”

xx
space

@Orion – I’m trying to clean up my thread list, so I think this will make for Somnus’ exit post, if that’s alright? :D

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
As We Are - by Somnus - 04-09-2018, 09:27 PM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 04-09-2018, 09:38 PM
RE: As We Are - by Somnus - 04-10-2018, 09:46 PM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 04-11-2018, 01:08 AM
RE: As We Are - by Somnus - 04-16-2018, 04:04 AM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 04-21-2018, 02:58 AM
RE: As We Are - by Somnus - 05-13-2018, 10:05 AM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 05-13-2018, 01:19 PM