Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the UNICORN [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Rostislav
I chuckle and bow my head low, happy to receive the adoration of the young Damascus. I've enjoyed his participation in the telling of the ballad, and I wonder if this shall be a new sing-a-long for the children. But he points out the flaw in the logic of my story. For here I am presenting evidence that my story is a LIE. I nod in agreement with his assessment. "That's true! My tale is simply a fable, created by those who are not wise to the world!" I chuckle and make fun of whomever was stupid enough to make up a story where UNICORNS DIDN'T EXIST. But perhaps they're right - after all, I am not a unicorn. I have TWO horns (and some spikies on my face but whatever).

The jovial mood is abruptly interrupted by the arrival of someone who I realize is also vaguely familiar. Where I had greeted Damascus with elation, the approach of Maxence brought a bad flavor to my mouth. It wasn't his existence that insulted me. (He had not lingered in my life or mind long enough to make that sort of permanent mark.) No, it was the deliberate, forceful barking he threw in my direction. I stood up straighter and my presence may have seemed to grow as I frowned and pinned my ears.

The painted pegasus demanded to know what I had to 'report' and wanted to know the identity of the other stallion beside me. And then criticized our good time! A snarl built inside me, but unlike so many times before in my life, I did not bury it. It burst forth as I snapped my teeth at the pegasus and stamped a hoof into the ground. "I don't know who you think you are to IMAGINE ordering me around. This is my Comrade, and you should think again before insulting him AND ME as you do! How rude is it to interrupt and belittle our mirth!" My ears stay pinned and I glare at Maxence. This stallion must be daft to think to cross me with such attitude. I step in front of Damascus, blocking him with my own body. I do not offer his name to the conversation, thinking the request for it too unworthy of a true response. No, my resentment was the only response this rogue would receive!

Walk. Talk.
WC: 393
Tag: @Damascus

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
the UNICORN [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-19-2017, 11:31 PM
RE: the UNICORN [relic contest] - by Damascus - 06-23-2017, 01:27 AM
RE: the UNICORN [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-24-2017, 07:03 PM
RE: the UNICORN [relic contest] - by Damascus - 06-24-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: the UNICORN [relic contest] - by Maxence - 06-24-2017, 09:25 PM
RE: the UNICORN [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-26-2017, 08:22 PM