Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - in a town made wicked

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

☼ s e r a p h i n a ☼

and heaven knows how hard I tried
but the devil whispered lies I believed

Looking at the two of them, Seraphina imagines that no one would suspect that they had lived the same horrors, suffered in the grasp of the same monsters. For those that remain, the past is no subject for discussion; it is simply business as usual, forward progression, perhaps an effort to put it out of sight and out of mind. Teiran is quick to launch into a report, and Seraphina’s dark ears twitch forward to catch her words. “I imagine that they’re worried about the possibility of another attack, as well,” She comments; they all are, particularly with the city still severely damaged. However, with the Davke out in the desert, many were still too frightened to venture out into the desert, so they holed up indoors, even knowing what it meant if they came back. “You haven’t seen any sign of the Davke, I presume?” Seraphina adds quickly; she can’t imagine that she wouldn’t have mentioned it if she had, but she supposes that it’s worth mentioning.

Teiran then mentions that she’s been helping to rebuild – overseeing some of the efforts, even, not that Seraphina expected anything less from her. She remembers herself a year ago, desperate to keep herself busy and feel like she was being helpful, and she appreciates the effort besides. Not everyone is so selfless with their efforts, even in such troubled times. “Good,” She says, with a nod. “I can imagine no one better to oversee the process.” More dedicated, she means, but she doesn’t say it.

She notes the way that Teiran’s eyes drift to the library, but they’re back on her before she can fully consider the implications of her stare. When she asks if there is anything else she can do, Seraphina pauses for a moment, considering; her gaze drifts behind Teiran, towards the rubble in the back of the library. She stares out into the darkness and the ash, the overturned, half-crisped shelves, and then turns her stare back on Tieran. “…Follow me.” With that, she brushes past her, towards the rubble where she set the building ablaze; she climbs over overturned, crumbling shelves with careful strides, each step displacing bits of burnt paper and ash. “I have a project that requires…someone reliable. I believe you would be well-suited to take care of it.” She picks her way to the back of the library, until she stands in front of a great, iron hatch; it seems to have melted very slightly around the edges, but someone has carved it back open. Gripping the handle in her teeth, a task that could easily have been accomplished with her telekinesis, she pulls it open, revealing a stairway down; it is illuminated by flickering orange torchlight from the passage that it spills into.

Without a word, she descends the stairs and makes her way down the passage. At the end of the hall is a semi-circular room, filled to the brim with haphazardly-arranged scrolls and books. Considering the circumstances under which they were placed underground, the chaos is necessary. Seraphina turns an inquisitive eye on Teiran, gauging her reaction before she explains.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tags | @Teiran
notes | <3

@

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
in a town made wicked - by Teiran - 04-19-2018, 10:25 PM
RE: in a town made wicked - by Seraphina - 06-01-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: in a town made wicked - by Teiran - 06-24-2018, 03:22 PM
RE: in a town made wicked - by Seraphina - 06-26-2018, 09:30 AM
RE: in a town made wicked - by Teiran - 07-02-2018, 07:01 PM