Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - >> deny me if you dare <<

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Inkheart

Inkheart
JUST LIKE FIRE, BURNING OUT THE WAY
IF I CAN LIGHT THE WORLD UP FOR
JUST ONE DAY WATCH THIS MADNESS
COLORFUL CHARADE NO ONE CAN
BE JUST LIKE ME ANYWAY

Her wings stay tucked against her body as she moved forward toward the big structure of the Day Court. She would enter by foot, giving the new sovereign a chance to greet her on the ground rather than in the air. Yes, she met new faces when she first entered through the Mors Desert. But there is one visage that she particularly wants to see. The new sovereign that claims rule over this land will be a valuable relationship for her. After all, this is the land of the Sun God, Solis. She is his prophet, and the sovereign rules the land. Long strides carry her quickly, head held high as her long tail drags in the sand behind her. Finally her hooves reach the edge of the Court itself, and she steps up toward the great atrium, the sun shining down on her dark back. She looks around, but it seems the Court is rather empty at the moment. Where are they all? Isn't this land inhabited? She huffed, immediately thinking poorly of every other member of Solterra. "Would you let a stranger enter so far to your capital?" She calls out, but barely raises her voice. She knows that someone would come shortly.

In the meantime she walks toward the center of the Court and stopped, spreading her wings to let them soak in the sun, then tucked them in against her sides again. Were she to build a shrine - and likely she would - she might have it here, in the capital of Solterra. It would be the center of activity and therefore the best place to bring new worshippers into the fold (whether they liked it or not). But perhaps the Oasis would be better. It is generally more comfortable, with plenty of foliage and fresh water to keep visitors happy and optimistic. If those of the faith's community were kept happy they would be more likely to stay loyal. She ponders the decision, and decides she may ask the opinion of the sovereign - for he should be kept happy as well.

WC: 345 Tag: @Maxence

Maxence

THROUGH SHADOW TO THE EDGE OF NIGHT
UNTIL THE STARS ARE ALL ALIGHT

The commander did not quiver nor quake at the sight of a land in ruin, and he certainly would not flicker a single eyelash toward the barren wasteland his eyes of knives presently gazed upon. Maxence was a brute who had seen it all before - too many times for it to be a cause for distress. Solterra, though; that was a different story. Even though the land had not been treated with care or with a rain's blessing from the gods it still held wondrous potential that even the wealthiest continents did not. 

It was a clean slate, a board wiped clean and ready to begin anew and for not just Maxence but for any who began their pilgrimage to the Day Court.

It was as he stood watching, waiting, observing that a peculiar pilgrim tumbled over the grassy dunes toward the ruins he had come to roost in like so many other Solterrans. Did she seek life anew? 
Coiling back upon his haunches while his eyes narrowed upon the wanderer, Maxence made a bid to slink down the other side of the hillock he stood upon and meet the intruder amongst the watchful stones of his neighbourhood. Each of the castles turrets would bare witness to whatever she was up to, be it sinister or harmless. 
And while she approached, so did he.
"Would you let a stranger enter so far to your capital?"

The commander steped from the cover provided to him by the corner of a building, easily slinking his way past an into the courtyard before the gold-plated girl. "That depends-" the thunder spoke, holding his head proud and aloft. There was a challenge in his voice, or was it just cockiness?
"Do you intend to stay a stranger to us, or is it a home you seek?"

ALL SHALL FADE
@Inkheart 

Inkheart

Inkheart
JUST LIKE FIRE, BURNING OUT THE WAY
IF I CAN LIGHT THE WORLD UP FOR
JUST ONE DAY WATCH THIS MADNESS
COLORFUL CHARADE NO ONE CAN
BE JUST LIKE ME ANYWAY

He comes out of nowhere, the half-painted pegasus who lurked in the shadows. She turns her gold eyes upon him as she approaches her, meeting his striking gaze. He's dressed strangely - at least to her, for she has never had such an outfit - as if he's some sort of.. outback, homegrown chieftain. Though odd, he seems to wear it well - the lion's pelt clearly one meant for a champion, the long braid that tames the front of his mane. The wings coming from his shoulders are huge, making her own seem rather insignificant by comparison, though they are not small. They are of similar stature, and she does not shrink before him.

His reply is what she expects - cool, collected, with the hint of a threat should she choose to take it that way. The challenge was there, hiding the slip of an invitation. She likes it, and a smile curls her velvet lips. "A home. I have lived in Novus for a little while now, but never settled. Now that the realms seem to be renewed with life, I have chosen to come here to Solterra." She bows her crown. "I am Inkheart, a disciple of Solis. To whom am I speaking?" She doesn't know who he is, but his attitude and appearance tell her that she should treat him as someone worthy of her time and information. He is alone but not a lonesome soul. How he receives her reply will tell her plenty.

Tag: @Maxence