Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - R & R

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Victorina seems a little bit timid around me, still! And yet I can't fathom why. Despite the pointy things that cover a couple parts of my body I'm actually quite soft and snuggly. I shrug mentally. It's not my problem if she's going to act like a delicate flower. I notice a hint of sadness as she speaks of home... clearly I am not the only one suffering from homesickness.

Though to be fair, it isn't homesickness that has me down. It isn't the Hidden Falls that I miss nor even Helovia! There are just certain characters in it that I wish perhaps had survived the destruction. Like Damaris, Kiara... I know Midas did not survive because I was around when he died. That was before 'the end'. And yet here is Victorina. The thought creeps through the recesses of my mind. If she made it, perhaps others have made it, too. I can't say for certain, and I'd have to admit that my mind is so riddled with doubt it looks like Swiss cheese.

I watch her lips part as they reach the surface of the water, her reflection distorting as her muzzle disturbs the stillness of the liquid. When her green eyes turn to meet my silver ones, I think that I see hope and longing in them. Beyond her simple question of where I'm from, she wants to know what connection we might have. Desperate for something to tie her to home, like a living memory of the place she can never return to. It makes me hesitate in my reply, not because I have to think of what to say but because I am filled with some unidentifiable emotion.

"The Hidden Falls, with Midas and Seele, for a time." My voice is soft and kind. "I left before you were born, I believe. I came back to find Helovia in ruins." Regret tinges my words, knowing the choices I made may have saved my life, but also may have left a rift between me and those I cared about. There's nothing I can do now to change the past, but that can't stop the feelings I feel.

WC: 361
Tag: @Victorina
Comments: just an FYI that I did revert him to his original Helovia age, not the age he left at. When he left he would have been probably 8, I started him back in Novus as 6. Sorry that makes timelines wonky!

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
R & R - by Rostislav - 06-21-2017, 10:01 PM
RE: R & R - by Victorina - 06-22-2017, 03:37 AM
RE: R & R - by Rostislav - 06-25-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: R & R - by Victorina - 07-03-2017, 06:44 AM
RE: R & R - by Rostislav - 07-03-2017, 07:28 PM
RE: R & R - by Victorina - 07-04-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: R & R - by Rostislav - 07-04-2017, 01:35 PM
RE: R & R - by Victorina - 07-04-2017, 07:53 PM