Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - R & R

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

It would appear that my words have left her in as much confusion as her words leave me. I do remember an invasion of the Falls - by the World's Edge and Aurora Basin herds. It left a bitter taste in my mouth, because that was when Midas passed away, too. A lot of good horses were wounded or killed. It was around that time that my own daughter Vitani was born. Though of course at the time we didn't know that there was about to be an invasion. What a terrible moment to be born into! That part of Vitani's story stirs memories - but this 'Kaos' and news of the Earth God leaving the Falls! Not only is that blasphemy but definitely not something I have any knowledge of.

The young girl sinks to the sand beside me, and seems to immediately relax. I wonder if she is so tired on her feet, or if she really loves sand that much. It's not for me to know or decide. I reach a muzzle forward toward her shoulder intending to brush her shoulder with my lips, trying to offer her comfort, for she seemed quite distressed. "I don't know anything about this Kaos. But he sounds truly horrible to intimidate the Earth God to leave the Falls - and for the herd to disintegrate all together!" I shake my head in dismay. The idea is so foreign I can hardly imagine it, and it seems surreal. "However...." I hesitate, still trying to organize the memories in my mind, so they might make a readable scene. "I had a child around that time, too. A lovely daughter." A smile slips onto my face. I didn't know my daughter well - for I had not spent much time with her and her mother after the birth. It wasn't for lack of desire to, but just... being occupied elsewhere. They stayed away from trouble, and as one of two Legatus I was involved in a lot of war-related action. And then, of course, the invasion happened.... For whatever reason the memories are faded, perhaps I was trying to bar the pain and sadness. Soon after that, I left Helovia, grief-ridden and mourning. So much must have happened in my absence.

A sigh slips past now, and I realize I've been staring off into nowhere. I look back at Victorina, and suddenly begin to wonder... Vitani. Victorina. Could my daughter have grown and had a child while I was away? It was painful, to think that I'd missed that much of my family's lives. What had happened to Kiara? To Vitani? Who was this Victorina - really? Finally, after thinking about it for awhile, my voice finally reacts. "...was... your mother Vitani?"

WC: 454
Tag: @Victorina

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
R & R - by Rostislav - 06-21-2017, 10:01 PM
RE: R & R - by Victorina - 06-22-2017, 03:37 AM
RE: R & R - by Rostislav - 06-25-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: R & R - by Victorina - 07-03-2017, 06:44 AM
RE: R & R - by Rostislav - 07-03-2017, 07:28 PM
RE: R & R - by Victorina - 07-04-2017, 01:34 AM