Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - 'I' am also a 'We'

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 40 — Threads: 5
Signos: 5
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

ARD

Even as his brother began to warm up to the lady-soldier, Ard was hesitant to do so. Why should they trust her? What if she was no better than the people of Luminous? While she wasn’t dripping false promises or acting overly welcoming, Ard still had his transgressions about her behavior, about her intentions. Perhaps it was just in his nature to not trust anyone save his brother.

Who could blame him?

Instead of saying much at all, the younger twin allowed himself to be lead along by Erd’s insatiable curiosity. Clearly Erd was growing more comfortable here, which was all fine and dandy for him. Even with that internal bond that they shared, in that private little place behind their hearts where they could feel each other’s emotions and nearly read each other’s thoughts, and the way that Erd so cleverly pressed his comforting persona down upon Ard’s own fears, it wasn’t enough. He just couldn’t trust her.  Not yet.

Yet the warlock knew that they needed to seek shelter, and that this Marisol was the only one who could lead them there. The storm might blow over. It might not. Regardless, with the freezing wind nipping at their small bodies, it wasn’t worth risking sickness or even death, especially when surrounded by a strange land that they knew nothing about.

So, as Erd began to approach the looming, intimidating mare of rich brown and icy eyes, Ard inevitably followed. He clearly wasn’t happy about it, with his grey lips set in a deep frown, brows furrowed, and his eyes narrowed, but he wasn’t about to be left behind.

His brother’s hushed comment caused turquoise eyes to roll, and had they been alone, he would have bit back with his own scathing retort. As it were, of course, his lips remained shut and sealed, his voice forever locked away at the back of his throat. No one would hear it. No one but Erd.

Idiot. The word was still thought with an undertone of endearment, fondness filtering through their shared bond. It was enough to earn him a wide grin from his brother, and Ard found his uncertainties begin to lessen. Together they drew up to the taller Pegasus, with her regal build, athleticism, and broad, bespeckled white wings. She was intimidating, this Marisol, and Ard couldn’t help but wonder just what her role here was.

@Marisol

Messages In This Thread
'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-19-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-19-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-19-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-20-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-20-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-22-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-22-2018, 11:25 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-22-2018, 11:26 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-26-2018, 12:17 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 06-17-2018, 04:31 AM