Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the breath of summer

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

"I would recommend a winter trek to veneror," Eik says simply, without further explanation. It does not seem possible to him to grow up right if you have never experienced discomfort.

She speaks of fighting and he nods absent-mindedly. Good. So long as she's learning right- and no doubt she is, if her father is involved. "How good do you think you are? I would like to see, sometime. Soon." With the relative absence of their champion of battle and the constant possibility of another Davke attack, Eik has taken a renewed (if reluctant) interest in the Solterran army.

How strange, it was not so long ago when children were forbidden in Solterra-- a decision he disagreed with, but what could he do back then? In those days he did not even know how to move things with his mind. Now, his constant practice with pen and ink have developed a dexterity he did not know existed. "Are you learning to read and write as well?" He knows that among Seraphina's many goals for the nation, literacy is one of the highest priorities. Eik knows the empowerment of the written word, and he is hopeful for the escape it may provide for the youths who do not wish to fight, to kill, to die too young.

She turns the topic to himself and he nods. "Yes. I'm Eik," He introduces himself with a dismissive shrug and moves on to her question. "I travel often to the other courts and the common lands. I act as an envoy and represent our court and sovereign, and I report my observations to the regime. I also offer myself as a consult to my court and queen." It is a straightforward, if a bit bland, description of his duties. The truth is that Eik mostly just wanders around, but he doesn't particularly feel like sharing this with the young mare before him. "What's your name?"

-     -     -
There is no better way to know us
E I K
than as two wolves, come separately to a wood

@Jaxis sorry he has so many questions x_x

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
the breath of summer - by Eik - 05-23-2018, 07:29 PM
RE: the breath of summer - by Jaxis - 05-31-2018, 05:10 PM
RE: the breath of summer - by Eik - 06-01-2018, 08:19 PM
RE: the breath of summer - by Jaxis - 06-01-2018, 08:49 PM
RE: the breath of summer - by Eik - 06-10-2018, 01:22 PM