Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - meet me where the end begins, in echoes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Makeda

It had been far too long since Makeda last danced the desert dunes without a horde of Davke at her side. They never seemed to share the same emphatic touch in their step that she had and it often left her mood in a sour state, but today she refused to be brought down by her beloved buzzkill family. The girl left them to their devices for the day, instead opting to flounce through the sand in pursuit of excitement. 

Unfortunately for her, however, Solis had not planned any excitement for his scorpion daughter... at least, none that she was made aware of yet. Thus, she was left to aimlessly wander, not yet ready to return to the Davke's haunt yet bored out of her mind. Gazini trailed not far behind his bonded, tagging along sluggishly as she led the way towards the sea. This was often how their exploits went: Makeda carving an unknown path while the dragon merely followed along until he was needed. The reptilian beast presumed this day would be nothing but walking, though the sight of Makeda slowing down up ahead finally pulled him from his lazy trance. Something had intrigued her.

From the beach there came the song of a stranger, but the words of his ballad sounded almost familiar. She had heard before, its tune was something the girl recognized from the past... and ah! It eventually lit up in her memory, briefly returning her to her years as young girl living alone in the Mors. She recalled it to be one of the many songs of Solterra's infamous child soldiers; Makeda knew a number of them, if only because she once made a habit of following them. She would watch from afar, only straying closer when commanders had fallen asleep.

To hear such a song here, out on the shores of the sea, was more than peculiar. It pulled her closer, close enough to note the lone figure that stood in the shallows - and much like the verses that fell from his lips, he too struck a chord in her mind. "You," she finally called, "what are you doing out there?" Familiar or not, Makeda was approaching a man standing out at sea singing to no one but himself.

If anything, she'd found her entertainment for the day...

- - - - - - - -
@taisce

image © lunarblues

Messages In This Thread
meet me where the end begins, in echoes - by Taisce - 06-03-2018, 07:16 AM
RE: meet me where the end begins, in echoes - by Makeda - 06-03-2018, 08:59 PM
RE: meet me where the end begins, in echoes - by Taisce - 06-04-2018, 05:28 PM
RE: meet me where the end begins, in echoes - by Makeda - 06-06-2018, 05:50 PM