Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - dusty pages and candlelight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

The kirin moves, candlelight catching along the jagged scar. Such a dancing glow brings the scar alive with memories. Though Florentine’s eyes trail over the healed wound, they do not linger. This girl has seen enough of scars to linger long on yet another. Oh her knife, the one that hangs about her throat, leaves its scar upon worlds. The scars she wears are hidden, they no longer hurt, or even itch. As she sits and gazes upon Relic’s, Florentine wonders to whom that scar belongs. Who was responsible for the blemish upon his satin black skin.

From his scar her dark eyes fall and, beckoned by him, rest upon the tea before her. the cup is full of shadows and heat. The liquid seems mysterious and strange, but he implies it is calming, soothing. It is a sip she takes, only a moment after she glances pointedly at him, her dark eyes glittering. “I believe some sovereigns have tasters, just to check they will not be poisoned…” Ah she had trailed off there, the cup at the curving smile of her lips. “But my brother is not here, so I will have to take a chance on you.” With an impish shrug the fae-girl drinks her first.

Replacing the cup, her taste buds full of warm, warm mint. Her limbs are loose with sleep, for most of the night it has lingered upon the fringes of her. It had woven its lazy way through her bones and made her liquid like the shadows. Her skull nods lightly, even as sleep presses in, dark and lovely and heavy. “You would, Relic. But I am sure Somnus would see you as a guest of Delumine and treat you well. If you choose to go, I shall take you there and talk with Somnus myself.”

Her smile is lost of its impishness. All that remains is hazy and warm, the girl is poured gold upon the cushions and it is with effort that she stands at last. “I thank you for your company tonight, Relic. It seems your tea has worked and sleep is coming a little easier now.” Each blink is slow and heavy but the girl smiles through weighted lips. “I believe my bed is calling at last. I shall see you soon.” Her eyes trail around the darkened library. “Do not spend too long reading tonight.”

And with a final smile the queen is gone, leaving only petals sleeping upon her vacated cushion.

@Relic - i hope you dont mind me wrapping up here? I think it makes sense to move it on to another thread in Dawn where she can ask Somnus when Relic is ready <3

florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
dusty pages and candlelight - by Relic - 06-03-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Florentine - 06-11-2018, 11:50 AM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Relic - 06-12-2018, 04:45 PM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Florentine - 06-28-2018, 11:20 AM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Relic - 06-30-2018, 03:16 PM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Florentine - 07-02-2018, 05:35 AM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Relic - 07-06-2018, 10:03 PM