Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - here i go again on my own

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Phrixus

I've flown a million miles
And I've rode so many more
There was something to be said about being on the edge of the world. You could really find yourself here. With your body so close to dropping, there was nothing stopping gravity from yanking you down to your filthy and very bloody end. Yes, Phrixus knows that he can't die from falling, what kind of Pegasus [i]wouldn't[/i] snap open their wings and save themselves? But he knows that for some, this could be it. That adrenaline feeling, is it or isn't it going to happen? Is today the day? It could really break a man, make him think of his past, his present, his future. He hoped that for most it was a daredevil choice to be up here, and not for other reasons.

Looking out towards the bustling and sprawling city that was the Daycourt, Phrixus shuffled in place. With his wings teathered tightly to his back, he knew squinted. The desert really was a different home for him. The mountain man, used to snow and howling wings, was having a hard time adjusting to the whipping sand filled winds, and the scorching heat. Sweat beaded his coat, creating an almost muddy film as the sand stuck to him. The sound of someone approaching had him turning an ear back to listen. It sounded as though someone was very determined to get up these cliffs to see him. As far as he knew, there wasn't a soul in this land who knew that he'd joined the herd. Or a soul at all on the island who knew he'd sailed here.

Turning his whole body around, Phrixus smiled warmly at the other stallion. He could tell the other was wary of him, giving him plenty of space. [i]Probably for good reason,[/i] Phrixus thought. Most people were afraid of him, judging him by his appearance. He was a General, of course he was bound to look this way. Scars, holes, ripped appendages and all... But they didn't know that he'd fathered and raised many children, that he'd taken many loves in his life. He was a kind man, but one ruled by order and a stiff upper lip.

"I come from a far away land, seeking refuge and trying to remake myself." Phrixus mulled the words over in his mind, wondering if he'd either said too much, or maybe not enough. Not one to overspeak, he left his reply the way it was. The other man would take it how he would. Not offering his name, Phrixus at least turned to show more attention to this new acquaintance.

ooc: Thanks for replying! <3 I'm hoping to get him some new friends c:

Every day, a castaway
A vagabond, battle born
|

@Eik

Messages In This Thread
here i go again on my own - by Phrixus - 06-26-2018, 06:20 PM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Eik - 07-24-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Phrixus - 07-25-2018, 08:20 PM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Eik - 08-04-2018, 11:52 AM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Phrixus - 08-11-2018, 03:17 PM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Eik - 08-17-2018, 09:56 AM