Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Camdis

Camdis Lohir

The stranger caught him off guard, so caught up in his own frustrations that he hadn't heard the echo of hoof steps or the shifting of hair over flesh. 

You know, glaring at the mountains is not going to make them move. 

Despite his wretched mood, the Camdis couldn't help the grin that curled at his lips, though he managed to hold back the snort of laughter that stirred within his broad chest. Staring sidelong at his company, the scarlet stained male took in the stranger at his side, noting the ram's horns and the dappled gradient of his skin. Striking amber eyes told of something far greater than the body the unnamed stallion occupied and Camdis wondered at sorcery and godsplay. There were enough tales in his previous kingdom to fill a library - of deities made flesh, imprisoned until their mortal cages rotted away beneath the weight of too few years. 

Yet, he had never heard tell of a god-made-mortal offering rough advice and witty quips to enraged stallions smeared with the shade of their own sister's blood. 

Opening his mouth to reply with an equally biting remark, Camdis Lohir thought better of it and instead turned his heavy skull to look at his anonymous comrade in full. He was simply made, but the elegance of his design was not lost on the Wretched King; smooth, carefully wrought lines followed a thin frame, lithe musculature that hinted toward a life yet untouched by strife or war, and a shining coat of burnished bronze and golden honey wrapping the stallion up into a rather pleasing image despite his spartan composition. Camdis gave a nod to the male, wry grin still twisting his lips but doing nothing to calm the tempest within his gaze - while company was well and good, he still had a damn cliff face to conquer. 

A tiny voice piped up as he tilted his chin up to meet the horned stallion's gaze, his envy tugging upon the coattails of his pride, harrumphing at the stranger's slight advantage in the height department. Now the bloodied bay did snort a laugh, though it was more of a derisive stab at his own deep seated insecurities than contempt toward his newest acquaintance. Turning his attention back to the massive wall of stone and impossibility before them, Camdis allowed his voice to fall from full lips, tone dripping with a sort of sarcasm that encouraged camaraderie, "You can never be too sure, really," he arched a brow, glaring in full force at the obstacle towering over his path, "Maybe the mountain has had a bad day and a little verbal abuse is all the encouragement it needs to crumble." 

He peered at the precipice, feeling again the yank of the relic's magic, "Besides," Camdis' voice was a bit lighter as he continued, "It's cathartic to rage at objects that won't hold a grudge."

Looking back toward the stallion at his shoulder, the bay stag offered a shrug and four syllables as introduction, "Camdis Lohir."

@Kaladin well i love Kal<3

Messages In This Thread
I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-25-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Kaladin - 06-28-2017, 04:54 AM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-29-2017, 12:08 PM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Kaladin - 06-29-2017, 12:29 PM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 07-02-2017, 01:39 PM