Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kaladin

He had never truly enjoyed mortal company before.

Of course, his own body was a rebel to his mind, and refused to acknowledge his previous divinity. It, as any of nature's creatures, desired companionship, and drew him towards other mortals in encouragement of socialization. It was odd, Kaladin thought, to think they might all die one day - even he would not be immune to such an unceremonious ending, should he remain unsuccessful in his searches. It was the thought that scared him most, and he quickly swallowed it down, guarding it carefully from the outside world.

Still, he was surprised to feel pleasure when the other man smiled, then laughed after sizing them up. Kaladin was not sure whether it was his mortal body tricking him into acknowledging his lonesome wanderings, or if he had truly been lonely. After Damascus' betrayal, he had vowed not to give his trust to anyone again - but friendship and trust did not go hand in hand. So he tentatively labelled his new acquaintance as a desired - if not sought out - companion, and allowed himself to participate in the motions as a mortal, dropping for a moment the thought that he was centuries older then the man, and an amorphous cloud of raw power at that.

"I do believe there are better ways to find reprieve," he pointed out, voice sarcastic. It felt good to encounter someone to match his wit and to battle words. Kaladin's body was weak in a physical fight, but his mind remained that of an eight-hundred-year old being with quips to match. "For example, I myself enjoy a good stroll." he cocked his head at the man and grinned. "I suppose we all have our ways. Some take walks, some play music, and some scream their lungs off at mountains." he shrugged, but his eyes glimmered with mirth. It was something he had never truly felt as a mortal. Or as a god. Or ever. He had simply never allowed himself to open up to this point. But if he were to be mortal, he would have to act it. At least for a time.

He turned away and paced his way down the base of the stonework, searching for a path to lead them upwards. His search being unsuccessful, he stomped his way back to Camdis (a name he intended to remember) and huffed out a breath of frustration, wondering if he would not begin to shout in at the cliffs as well. That would be ungodlike. Glancing at Camdis, he recalled a linchpin in mortal behaviors - when a name was given, it would be courtesy to give it back. "Kaladin," he said simply. Then, "Is it me, or does this relic get further away the closer you think you have gotten?"

@Camdis eek trying to get these done quick, hope it's okay uwu
code by avis

Messages In This Thread
I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-25-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Kaladin - 06-28-2017, 04:54 AM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-29-2017, 12:08 PM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Kaladin - 06-29-2017, 12:29 PM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 07-02-2017, 01:39 PM