Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Camdis

Camdis Lohir

The sun continued to sink as the pair considered the wall of stone and impossibility that stood before them, mocking them with it's solid silence and unmovable mass. Shadows stretched longer, as if they, too, sought some way out of the gods-forsaken canyon that had trapped them with such ease. Camdis looked about, eyes snagging on dry brush and a series of fleshy cacti - a rather unappealing fare for any creature save for the starving; yet, the crowned stallion and his companion may very well join the ranks of the desperate and hungry soon if they could not find their way out of the maze. 

It was a desolate, depressing train of thought, but it seemed that the longer Camdis Lohir was upon the earth, the better he was at pessimism. 

Everyone needed to excel at something, he guessed. 

Briefly, he wondered at his new comrade and what skill set the stallion possessed, other than providing grouchy ex-sovereigns with a surprisingly pleasant reprieve from seemingly overwhelming frustration and looking markedly pretty. He was spared the task of asking as the stag's eerily detached voice sounded beside him, dripping with a sarcasm that Camdis found that he was beginning to greatly appreciate; there was a surprising lack of dry humored wretches in the lands of Novus, and it was a beloved symphony of bitter music to his cynical ears. Lips tilted upward as his audits swiveled their way toward the man at his side, a gravelly chuckle grinding it's way up from his scarlet and bay chest. 

"Well, when you put it like that..." Came his murmured reply, moonlit eyes flashing with a cruel mirth as he left the rest of his sentence to the dust-riddled wind that snaked through the canyon, gaze following his companion as the bronze man made his way along the cliff face, those ancient eyes dissecting the rock for purchase. It was an effort not to grin outright as the stallion huffed in shared frustration, those amber eyes flashing with what seemed like centuries worth of rage. Flicking his tail, Camdis heard the massive gathering of locks thump to the ground in a less-than-ceremonial heap. 

Then, as his comrade - Kaladin - offered his name, Camdis felt the distinctive tug of the relic's magic in his chest as he gave the stallion at his side a nod, voice rolling from his tongue and reverberating off of the serpentine passages in a cacophony of Camdis, "It does give the distinct feeling of an uphill battle that only gets steeper," He grimaced as the thread about his heart yanked harder, beckoning him up up up. "Currently, it is suggesting that I sprout wings like a damned harpy, but I'd rather find a meal."

Turning his head to face fully the stallion at his side, the bay caretaker motioned with his great skull toward the passage that Kaladin had emerged from, "Shall we begin the hunt for an exit, or does starving to death while staring at a mountain suit your tastes better?"

@Kaladin <333

Messages In This Thread
I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-25-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Kaladin - 06-28-2017, 04:54 AM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-29-2017, 12:08 PM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Kaladin - 06-29-2017, 12:29 PM
RE: I'm No Billy Goat [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 07-02-2017, 01:39 PM