Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - DYNASTY

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maxence

M A X E N C E
FOR KING AND COUNTRY

The first to remark his words was one with a voice just as thunderous as his own, yet feminine and with a world away from his own. 
"And we are to follow you like sheep would their shepherd? Who is to say you won't lead us to slaughter like Sovereigns of old?" 

It was this comment that caused a vicious snort to rupture from behind his nares, the trumpet of anger and brutish ferocity threatening the challenging words pushed his way. "You misunderstand me, girl-" He came to bellow, lifting his wings from his flanks to flare them wide and create the shape of a true behemoth, an indomitable warrior, and before too long he had swooped down from the turret to stand among the gathering Solterrans.
It was the next voice that caused his ears to truly flatten against his neck; one so shrill it almost rotated his spine and curve his hooves, and oh what she spoke. It took every single fiber of inner strength not to snap, to break, to snarl and to bite like a wolf. Instead the man would ignore the silly runt, closing his eyes as he imagined what on earth such a doe was doing out here when surely she was only fit to wade around the likes of a brothel.
"I have no intention of leading, of shepherding, or whatever tyrannous title you can pin beside my medals - I wish to unite the scraps of this decomposing nation not as a leader but as one of a team of many to save it and make it our own! Despite the bollocks you have heard or deigned to conjor up yourself, I seek NO crown and live among the mud and sand as you do" 

The next man came, old and weary it would seem and his greeting immediately triggered a reaction from the commander. "I am not your Liege - I am your brother, one which toils in the sand beside you". He observed this man's iridescent coat and how it remained littered in all kinds of colour - it was mesmerising, though nto enough to distract him from the brute that next approached and gave his hoot of disproval.

"I have no quarrel with the other courts, fool, Only that they dally in luscious fields while we dwindle in the sweltering heat and remain scattered and godless - this is at no fault of theirs but yours and mine. The problem and sickness is among these sands; it is with you." the former commander boomed, his steps sweeping effortlessly toward the leathery goliath as he spoke, and then away upon finishing his sentence. His steps carried him toward the mare who had spoken first, one who appeared truly battle born and a shield maiden if ever there was one. Of all those gathered she had seemed the smartest, the most in tune, and after all they were wise NOT to trust him.

"You should lead us" He told her, looking her up and down for a moment before his head snapped in the direction of the scarred goliath once again to bellow a warning, though decided to hold his tongue. 
Does this one bark or will he bite?

☀︎

Maxence does not intend to lead and ICly has no notion of becoming sovereign of Solterra. (OOCly though that's a different story lmfao)

Messages In This Thread
DYNASTY - by Maxence - 06-26-2017, 08:04 AM
RE: DYNASTY - by Avdotya - 06-26-2017, 10:10 AM
RE: DYNASTY - by Bexley - 06-26-2017, 02:16 PM
RE: DYNASTY - by Oz - 06-26-2017, 04:19 PM
RE: DYNASTY - by Leviathan - 06-26-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: DYNASTY - by Maxence - 06-27-2017, 01:24 AM
RE: DYNASTY - by Avdotya - 06-27-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: DYNASTY - by Bexley - 06-27-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: DYNASTY - by Seraphina - 06-29-2017, 11:26 PM
RE: DYNASTY - by Rostislav - 06-30-2017, 07:34 AM
RE: DYNASTY - by Leviathan - 07-03-2017, 11:13 AM