Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current
Beautifully drawn by Sid (Erasvita@DA)!
Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 503
▶ Season || Summer
▶ Temp || 74℉ (23℃) - 100℉ (37℃)
▶ Weather || The end of Spring brings about, once more, the warm embrace of Summer. While some flourish in the comfortable glow of the sun, others take shelter from its sweltering midday heat. Even so, it is now that the continent bustles with life - for it won't be long until a cool chill returns.

Spotlight

Character of the Season
El Toro

Member of the Season
Griffin

Thread of the Season
Bring Me Thunder; Bring Me Steel

Pair of the Season
Eik and Isra

Quote of the Season
"Her mother lives all in day, her father all in night, and Apolonia straddles the thin, dusky line halving her heart with not so much grace - startling awake in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn, trying to find some way to compromise." — Apolonia in
The Vine & The Rain & The Light

see here for nominations

DISCORD

Updates - Restricted Item Redemption - Magics, Mutations
Aion — Dawn Court Doctor Signos: 1,440
▶ Played by sid [PM] Posts: 39 — Threads: 9
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 26
▶ 11 [Year 491 Winter] Active Magic: Frostbite
▶ 17 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Passive Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Aion
One/Two-word description of Magic: Luminous Wings
Have you purchased the 'Passive Magic' item? Yes!
-- If no: N/A
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: @sid

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@sid / @Aion, Passive Magic was approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his passive magic.
(Disclaimer that this was pre-approved by the staff team! <3)

Zombie — OOC Account Signos: 0
▶ Played by Zombie [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 0 [Year 502 Winter] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
Redeeming Passive Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Saphrax
One/Two-word description of Magic: Decorative flames
Have you purchased the 'Passive Magic' item? No
-- If no: Oct. joining incentive!
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: Zombie

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Zombie / @Saphrax, passive magic was approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his flaming feathers passive magic.
Zombie
- giving second chances

Muirgen — OOC Account Signos: 1,905
▶ Played by Muirgen [pm] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
▶ [Female [She/Her/Hers]] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 0 [Year 502 Fall] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
Redeeming Minor Mutations

Information
Character receiving Mutation: @Mesnyi
Have you purchased the 'Minor Mutation' item?  NO
Does the Appearance section of your character's profile clearly detail the mutation they are receiving? YES
How many Mutations does your character currently have? none besides this

Agreement
I understand that Minor Mutations do not give any offensive or defensive benefits to my Character. I understand that I must wait until staff approval before writing my character in IC posts with their mutation, and this may delay character acceptance. If I am found writing my character with a Minor Mutation other than the one(s) described in my profile, my Minor Mutation Item will be revoked without refund.

Signed: Muirgen

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@muigen / @Mesnyi, minor mutation was approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her scented sebum.

Information
Character receiving Mutation: @Mesnyi
Have you purchased the 'Minor Mutation' item?  YES
-- If no: na
Does the Appearance section of your character's profile clearly detail the mutation they are receiving? YES
How many Mutations does your character currently have? 1. the smelly skin

Agreement
I understand that Minor Mutations do not give any offensive or defensive benefits to my Character. I understand that I must wait until staff approval before writing my character in IC posts with their mutation, and this may delay character acceptance. If I am found writing my character with a Minor Mutation other than the one(s) described in my profile, my Minor Mutation Item will be revoked without refund.

Signed: Muirgen

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@muigen / @Mesnyi, minor mutation was approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her luminescent horn.

Blyse — Night Court Soldier Signos: 305
▶ Played by Apothic [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 4
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 10
▶ 9 [Year 493 Fall] Active Magic: Mirages
▶ 16.2 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: BLYSE
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Mirage
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: mirages subtle sounds sometimes
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? I had every intent on Day court at first, but it just seemed that the deceptive and elusive strategy that his magic provided suited Night Court more.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: Apothic

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Apothic / @Blyse, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Novus Team — Official Novus Account Signos: 1,048,018
▶ Played by all staff [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 2
▶ Other [They/Them/Theirs] Hth: ∞ — Atk: ∞ — Exp:
▶ 3 [Year 500 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Torstein
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No.
-- If no: Free restricted item as staff incentive.

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Telemanipulation
-- If yes, give a brief description: mirages subtle sounds sometimes
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? His ability is not unlike the Oasis' themselves with their ability to warp perception and reality.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: @inkbone

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@inkbone / @Torstein, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.
This was reposted by @inkbone when the Restricted Item Redemption threads were split. Original form posted: 06/22/17

Novus Team — Official Novus Account Signos: 1,048,018
▶ Played by all staff [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 2
▶ Other [They/Them/Theirs] Hth: ∞ — Atk: ∞ — Exp:
▶ 3 [Year 500 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Avdotya
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No.
-- If no: Free restricted item as staff incentive.

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Earth
-- If yes, give a brief description: No.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Able to command the very shifting sand and stone from beneath the Mors.

Agreement

Signed: @inkbone

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Avdotya / @kay, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.
This was reposted by @inkbone on behalf of @kay when the Restricted Item Redemption threads were split. Original form posted: 06/01/17

Basileios — Day Court Citizen Signos: 405
▶ Played by Silver [pm] Posts: 6 — Threads: 3
▶ Nonbinary [they/them] Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 10
▶ 4 [Year 499 Spring] Active Magic: Truthtelling
▶ 14.1 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Basileios

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Truth-telling
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? No
-- If yes, give a brief description: n/a
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The light of day exposes all things, even the truth; Basil's ability to discern the truth is likened to this.

Agreement

Signed: Silver

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@silver / @Basileios, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.

Isra — Night Court Sovereign Signos: 1,645
▶ Played by nestle [PM] Posts: 152 — Threads: 21
▶ Female [she/her/hers] Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 33
▶ 5 [Year 497 Winter] Active Magic: Transformation
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: Fable (Sea Dragon)
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Isra
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Transformation
-- If yes, give a brief description: When she isn't focusing on the world around her Isra tends to loose control of her magic and it makes small changes in the world around her. There are often short-lived transformations and it takes no more than an hour for the world to return back to how it was. At her hooves grass could become glass, stone could turn to a small bloom of poppies, a branch above her head could become a staff of gold. Even at her highest level these small changes never reach more than three feet from her body.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yep!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The Night Court is often described as the court of dreamers and artists. Her magic is made for bringing the dream into the real or to make art from ash. She can never destroy only create and in a way that means she can never stop dreaming.

Agreement

Signed: nestle

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@nestle / @Isra, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 2: Vexillum Magic item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.

Vincent — Inactive Character Signos: 205
▶ Played by Apothic [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 5 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 10
▶ 11 [Year 492 Summer] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 17 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Passive Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Vincent
One/Two-word description of Magic: Undead
Have you purchased the 'Passive Magic' item? No
-- If no: Nov. joining incentive!

Agreement

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Apothic / @Vincent, Passive Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your character was sent the corresponding Passive Magic item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics.

Information
Character receiving Mutation: @Vincent
Have you purchased the 'Minor Mutation' item? Yes
-- If no:
Does the Appearance section of your character's profile clearly detail the mutation they are receiving? Yes
How many Mutations does your character currently have? 0 - this would be the first.

Agreement

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Apothic / @Vincent, mutation was approved, added to the Records page! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their mutation.

Euryale — Dusk Court Soldier Signos: 285
▶ Played by aurora [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 4
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 10
▶ 3 [Year 499 Winter] Active Magic: Aerokinesis
▶ 16.1 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Euryale
-- If no: Nov. joining incentive!

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Aerokinesis
-- If yes, give a brief description: Her voice has a tendency to echo further along the airwaves, a haunting, ephemeral melody; often laced in a sultry, and sirenic promise, that is more caressive than it is ever destructive.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out?Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Dusk is that mysterious hour before the final rays of sunlight descends into evening. As such, Euryale's chosen power is both mysterious, enigmatic and temperamental - fleeting, graceful, barely there - yet in the same breath, capable of extreme and blinding violence.  A sweet summer breeze may turn into a tempest.

Agreement

Signed: Aurora

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Aurora / @Euryale, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.