Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Passing riddles for poetry [Snow Ball]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

He isn't in the mood for celebrating. 

In the past few weeks, Eik has stood beneath quarreling gods, gotten trapped underground with some of his closest friends, and started to hear voices in his head that are not his own. And now there is a blizzard raging in Solterra with no sign of letting up anytime soon.

Even here, behind the shelter of stone walls with fire and horseflesh to warm him and booze to blue the memories, he sees them every time he closes his eyes-- the ones lost in the blizzard. Not their faces but their souls, multicolored candles that flicker, and flicker, and finally, one by one, sputter out. Each time one of them takes a last breath he feels it. Most just fade away too exhausted to fight death, and there is something peaceful about their passage. Some go out with regret on their mind, or sorrow. The hardest to bear are the ones who leave with the spitfire of an animal just not ready to die. He does not know which category he would fall in, or which he would want to.

Surely these are just the thoughts of a madman with a fever (most don't realize this, but it can be truly ugly when fever-dreams and mania collide)... but he has begun to question his madness... it has never been this precise before, in a way that is both frightening and exciting. What if he is still connected to the poor beasts in the storm? He thought that strange magic had long fizzled out, taking all his body's warmth with it, but maybe... maybe it is still there, in the space between blood cells, tired but not extinguished.

Eiks eyes are glazed in thought as the party goers whirl around him, seemingly oblivious to the gravity of the storm outside-- although more likely just willfully ignorant. He slowly makes his way to a wall which he leans against heavily. 

Shivering and sweating at once, and trying his hardest to not close his eyes, 

(leave me alone, please, there's nothing more I can do for you)

he looks, in no uncertain terms, like shit.

I have let myself go where the dust
E     I    K
Has the color of nothing

art by Footybandit

@Teiran poopy post for a poopy feeling boy x_x

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
Passing riddles for poetry [Snow Ball] - by Eik - 08-26-2018, 02:27 PM
RE: Passing riddles for poetry [Snow Ball] - by Teiran - 09-04-2018, 04:58 PM
RE: Passing riddles for poetry [Snow Ball] - by Teiran - 11-12-2018, 01:07 PM
RE: Passing riddles for poetry [Snow Ball] - by Teiran - 02-09-2019, 01:30 PM
RE: Passing riddles for poetry [Snow Ball] - by Teiran - 03-01-2019, 05:22 PM