Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Disaster was my god

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

His magic being what it is, Eik has a sort of lie detector ingrained into him. Even when he is not actively reading one's thoughts, his magic can't help but to reach out and probe at the personalities he meets. It cradles their minds and gets a feel for them that cannot be accurately be put into words. Suffice to say that it has come to be that his intuition is unusually good when it comes to reading others.

Eik twitches an ear at the other stallion's words- "I don't hold much faith in gods." He was always fond of nonbelievers. They tended to be more practical than the devout, not that they were necessarily correct. When it comes to the gods, Eik has belief but not trust. It is impossible to not believe in them, having met them. Also having met them, he's of the mind it's impossible to trust them too.

"What is it you're looking for? This place isn't for everyone, but... if you know what it is you want, and you're willing to fight for it... Solterra is rife with opportunity." It seems a little hypocritical, though, to speak of knowing what you want. Eik didn't have a damn clue what he sought, not even when he found it. Or rather, when it found him.

Talk turns to the gods and he looks out once more across the snow-covered desert. Where was their sun god now? "I think you're wise in that. When the gods meddle in our lives it seems like only ruin follows."

The sun creeps higher and responsibility tugs at his attention. He sighs, wishing the dawn would last just a little longer. Would that his entire day was easy conversation and staring at the earth.

"Don't give up on Solterra," he says with a small smile that he hopes is encouraging. "Good men are always wanted here." Saphrax does seem like a good man, from what Eik can glean from their conversation. A little flashy, but that isn't a bad thing.... it's just different from Eik is all. He turns from the rampart with a few words in parting "I hope to see you around, Saphrax," and then quietly walks away to attend to the day's duties.

I have let myself go where the dust
E     I    K
Has the color of nothing

art by Footybandit

@Saphrax ehh sorry, not my finest :| I'm closing it here since this thread's a bit dated, but I'd love for them to reconnect in the future!

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
Disaster was my god - by Eik - 08-30-2018, 12:00 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 10-23-2018, 04:54 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Eik - 11-03-2018, 11:26 AM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 12-11-2018, 08:51 AM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Eik - 01-22-2019, 08:13 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 01-28-2019, 05:40 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Eik - 02-23-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 02-24-2019, 06:38 PM