Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Tell Me It's All Burned Down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jaylin

The Oasis is wide and deep enough that she never quite feels as trapped as she truly is, able to hide beneath the waterfall or lounge against the shoreline at will. There was even a road that led straight to the gleaming waters, one beaten down by many hooves, where she could watch others travel or perhaps tempt them down to the waters to entertain herself -- it was a prison with gilded bars, but it was still a prison she was trapped within.

Movement near the road captured her attention from where she dwelled beneath the roaring waterfall, the hippocampus mare diving down deep before propelling herself forward with powerful flicks of her tail, towards where she could see hooves churning at the sands below. There’s no stopping the drive that propels her forward, that tells her that whatever moves in the water is prey for the taking -- she’s likely too fast for the other mare to see more than a horse-shaped blur beneath the water, her teeth sinking into Effy’s flesh in her effort to drag her down into the water as well.

When she realizes what she has hold of is not a large fish or perhaps an unwary land creature, she releases quickly, fins flaring and pushing herself backwards until she’s clear of the other mare -- keeping a wary eye on her for what she might do in return, unwilling to apologize for her instincts when she was just starting to learn to trust them again. 

tag: @Efphion

Messages In This Thread
Tell Me It's All Burned Down - by Efphion - 01-22-2019, 04:41 PM
RE: Tell Me It's All Burned Down - by Jaylin - 01-22-2019, 05:19 PM
RE: Tell Me It's All Burned Down - by Efphion - 03-01-2019, 07:23 PM
RE: Tell Me It's All Burned Down - by Jaylin - 04-26-2019, 09:03 PM
RE: Tell Me It's All Burned Down - by Efphion - 06-22-2019, 08:27 PM
RE: Tell Me It's All Burned Down - by Jaylin - 08-25-2019, 02:14 PM