Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eden

Eden

pretty

Dusted with star matter and borne upon tides of nature, hers is the beauty of wild places.

From the corner of her eye, Eden noticed her companion's lingering glance. It was one that reminded the shieldmaiden of her matrons and mistresses at the temple - not quite motherly, but caring all the same. The curvature of her small smile grew as she gazed out at the shimmering waters, the smooth surface reflecting gold to compliment the pair standing upon the shore. It was a warm moment, one that held no large purpose, but cradled a world of significance for the striped warrior. It wasn't that Eden had never had friends, that sort of description begged for pity and the lass was loath to be the object of anything but pride. No, the paladin had known many sisters in arms and had held them in high esteem - yet, she had never  known an equine that was not tied to her by battle or contract. Allowing her gaze to slide back to the golden maiden at her side, Eden felt a stirring of adoration within her muscled chest alongside the well of loyalty that had burst into life the moment Bexley Briar had accepted Eden's clumsy attempts at socialization.

The Aurelian mare at her side was intelligent and witty and kind, and if that did not deserve Eden's loyalty and friendship, then there was nothing good that did. Nodding in answer to the possibly rhetorical question that Bexley posed concerning plumerias, Eden noted the pretty glow that had settled about the mare's eyes; the way that her entire being seemed to be communicated through that depthless gaze. One day, the warrior mare would learn the ins and outs of those eyes, she wouldn't even have to ask her friend how she was feeling - all she would need is to look at Bexley's honest eyes and understand. With another nod, though this time, more to herself than to the Day Courtier at her side, the paladin tucked her decision away and into her heart, a small vow that she intended to keep.

Then, as the sun kissed lass at her side trips over her words, Eden felt the muscles about her spine tense, a not-unfamiliar sense of protectiveness settling about her shoulders - it did not seem usual for a mare such as Bexley to lose her verbal footing, what sort of truth could cause the femme to stumble? It didn't take much for Eden to assume the worst - enslavement and abuse - but the words that followed her companion's pause were a cool drink of water and a brush of relief. Exploring and friends and treasure. Eden's grin could only grow until her teeth gleamed white in the sun and her eyes crinkled at the edges; it was a wonderful thought, to imagine the dainty woman tromping through forests and mountain ridges with a rag tag band of adventurers at her back, those wondrous eyes alight with their quest for glory and gold.

Despite the positive cast to her admission, Eden still tilted her weight to the left, gently brushing her shoulder against Bexley's own in a show of solidarity and support. The maiden didn't have to tell the paladin why her words had failed, she didn't have to do anything she didn't want to, but Eden wanted Miss Bexley Briar to know that regardless, she wasn't there to judge. Yet, as the time for reply came to her, the warrior simply shrugged, "I never knew there were things other than my chosen path, so there is much that I haven't tried, but I like to read and to learn," her grin turned wry, "I could bore you and even Solis to near death with an extensive history of High Priestesses who had direct and indirect contact with the Universe's Faces." It struck Eden that not everyone may be privy to Temple jargon, even clever Bexley. So why not explain?

"We recognize all gods as true and righteous, all of them different faces of the universe as long as they do no harm - in which case, the High Council deliberates and researches. Often, they send out scouts to help them understand whichever deity has been brought to their attention. In most cases, it's discovered that the deity is no true Facet and is merely a mortal concept created for greed and self-serving purposes, but in the rare occurrence that the deity is found to be true, they are dubbed a Chaos God and given a place in our Hall of Faces." Eden hadn't realized that her voice had lowered as the spoke, her tone growing more and more excitedly conspirational as she continued. With a sheepish chuckle, she resumed a normal speaking volume and continued on, "Even then, some Chaos Gods grow corrupt and require intervention. My favorite stories are of Maghdelene the Weary - she was a godslayer who had brought many cruel deities to justice." The paladin stopped herself before she could begin to ramble too much about her beloved hero figure and returned her attention to the present, "I like to fight, and I like to eat. There's not much to me, I fear."

pretty

@Bexley HELLO SORRY FOR THE WAIT I have missed bex

Messages In This Thread
FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Bexley - 07-09-2017, 05:56 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Eden - 07-11-2017, 02:53 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Bexley - 07-11-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Eden - 07-11-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Bexley - 07-12-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Eden - 07-16-2017, 06:23 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Bexley - 07-23-2017, 01:36 AM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Eden - 08-18-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Bexley - 08-20-2017, 10:29 PM