Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline REDANDBLACK [PM] Posts: 302 — Threads: 37
Signos: 135
Inactive Character

[Image: 500_by_memuii-dbfxt60.png]

" BEXLEY BRIAR "

It’s so strange to feel the brush of Eden’s skin against her own, the gentle press of muscle to muscle, and the warmth that passes back and forth in the space that has closed between them; how long has it been since Bexley was close to someone in this way, so intimate so quickly? It’a horrific how thoroughly comforted she feels. She hesitates for a moment, caught deep in the corners of her own brain. Light shines down on them with tireless, vicious intensity, and, sweat gathering in the roots of her silver hair, a hot rush of blood moving to her cheeks, thoughts dopey and strung-out in the haze of the late spring, she returns the touch by leaning slightly to the right, weigh redistributing to lie against the strength of Eden’s body, stifling the urge to slump completely with the relief that courses under her bones, so strong it could take her all the way into the center of the earth.

When Eden begins to speak again, Bexley shifts her weight onto her own blonde hooves, standing straight with a shake of her head. Her eyes snap sideways to meet the warrior’s. What comes out of Eden’s mouth is almost entirely gibberish to her, but Bexley watches with genuine interest, trying to follow the string of the story, eyes wide, face carved with attention rapt with one ear flickering to catch every word. Her eyes glimmer with only half-concealed confusion. You might have lost me, she laughs when Eden finally trails off. A sheepish smile tugs at one side of her lips, carving a shallow dimple into her cheek. I’ve never heard of most of that - I barely knew about Solis before I came here.

We had our own gods, Bexley continues, voice going warm, eyes glazing over, as if she is a girl possessed by the words she has started to speak, where I grew up. Well, one god, and She was my grandmother. How weird is that? Her smile widens lazily. Una - who was mortal, but when She found my family’s homeland, she became a goddess - and had a beautiful necklace She could keep Her magic in. I only saw Her a few times. Mostly She was the trees or the river or the storms that passed over us. When She was in her true form She mostly slept, for months at a time, but She always tried to visit me. The legend I’ve always heard is that She was born on the wrong side of the world, and it took Her years to find Greer-Briar, and when She did She became, you know - one with the earth. We don’t have any scouts, or any council to make decisions, because She was our only god, and still is. She shrugs. It all sounds so juvenile, so stupid, this relic from her past that Bexley has carried since birth, but there’s something therapeutic about telling it to someone else. It might have been worth finding some. I love Her, but she was vicious, and too quiet, and She didn’t care about anything that hadn’t been part of Her - anything that wasn’t her family or Greer-Briar. It sounds like you had a good system.

@Eden YAY I LOVE MY GALS
love, space

Messages In This Thread
FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Bexley - 07-09-2017, 05:56 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Eden - 07-11-2017, 02:53 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Bexley - 07-11-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Eden - 07-11-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Bexley - 07-12-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Eden - 07-16-2017, 06:23 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Bexley - 07-23-2017, 01:36 AM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Eden - 08-18-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY - by Bexley - 08-20-2017, 10:29 PM